Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

I played around with ballast fill times to make sure my tanks were in fact full when the timers turned the pumps off. I've reset them back to a few seconds longer than factory (6:30 rears and 10:30 bow, vs 6 and 10). I think when I increased the times to fill the drain times also increased. Now that I've set them back to close to factory specs, I think the drain times stayed at the higher settings. Are the fill and drain times supposed to match?
    Also, any tips on getting the last of the water out of the tanks before I go for a ski? I can hear them sucking air but if I lift the front of the sac a little more water drains out. Are all drain and fill pumps in the rear of the sac? Should I run at 1500 rpm with the wake plate at 0 to try and get my bow up and drain the last few pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
    I played around with ballast fill times to make sure my tanks were in fact full when the timers turned the pumps off. I've reset them back to a few seconds longer than factory (6:30 rears and 10:30 bow, vs 6 and 10). I think when I increased the times to fill the drain times also increased. Now that I've set them back to close to factory specs, I think the drain times stayed at the higher settings. Are the fill and drain times supposed to match?
    Also, any tips on getting the last of the water out of the tanks before I go for a ski? I can hear them sucking air but if I lift the front of the sac a little more water drains out. Are all drain and fill pumps in the rear of the sac? Should I run at 1500 rpm with the wake plate at 0 to try and get my bow up and drain the last few pounds?
    The fill and drain times are independent and can be adjusted how ever you like. From the factory, we make the drain timers 30 seconds longer than fill. So, if you changed fill from 6 to 6:30, then I recommend you change the drain to about 7. BUT, if you constantly fill while running and drain while sitting still, then you may want to adjust drain to 1 minute longer, maybe more.

As to draining, yes all drain ports are in the rear of the bag. It is best to drain while running at a higher pitch to force the water down to the back of the bag. You should also check your hose routing and hose orientation. Sometimes if you have picked up the bag, it will twist the fittings into an upward facing position. If the fitting is pointing up, then the bag can only drain to the inlet of the fitting. You may need to twist the fitting to get it as low as possible.

Truth is you will never be able to get every drop out of the bag. But if you get the bag fittings correct and drain while running and drain until they suck air, then that is about the best you can do.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Your SL should have factory presets for wakeboard beginner and advanced as well as wake surf presets, demo boat would not erase these, but they may have saved some custom rider profiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you can tune the factory presets though so I’m wondering if there is a way for me to double check what those true factory numbers should be? Or if there is just a way to restore original factory settings so I can be sure it’s not been played with?

If you go to ballast timer screen there should be an option to restore factory presets.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    If you go to ballast timer screen there should be an option to restore factory presets.
    So that only lets you select full or empty on the tanks. I’d like to reset the profiles back to factory settings.

Trying to figure out autowake. Seems to work fine on port side. I surf goofy. This morning i tried to use autowake, have been just filling manually. Auto wake filled my port ballast to 100%, starboard-or surf side- to 0. Yes 0. Had significant list of course to port. What the heck? Only had 4 in boat total. Had setting to stbd side surf, 5% roll yet roll was to port. Tried moving all riders to port and then stbd. Baffled. If I fill manually its perfect, fill to 100 surf side, 80 off and center. Help.

Make sure it wasn't set -5% for starboard auto wake. What year is the boat, if it's a 17 and hasn't had new software installed ,there were some glitches like that in the original version
    Quote Originally Posted by TracySMojo View Post
    Trying to figure out autowake. Seems to work fine on port side. I surf goofy. This morning i tried to use autowake, have been just filling manually. Auto wake filled my port ballast to 100%, starboard-or surf side- to 0. Yes 0. Had significant list of course to port. What the heck? Only had 4 in boat total. Had setting to stbd side surf, 5% roll yet roll was to port. Tried moving all riders to port and then stbd. Baffled. If I fill manually its perfect, fill to 100 surf side, 80 off and center. Help.
    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Make sure it wasn't set -5% for starboard auto wake. What year is the boat, if it's a 17 and hasn't had new software installed ,there were some glitches like that in the original version

Its an ‘18. Checked and rechecked it was set correct. Went to vessel settings/autowake. Had flow surf toggle correct.

That is strange, I wonder if you set it manually were you like it , then turn on auto wake, if it would drain it all out. Possible though is a bad inclinometer, sending false data.
    Quote Originally Posted by TracySMojo View Post
    Its an ‘18. Checked and rechecked it was set correct. Went to vessel settings/autowake. Had flow surf toggle correct.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by chezdude View Post
    Matt,

Can I make a feature request for future iterations, not directly tied to autowake? We’ve (the wife and I) have found that it would be extremely helpful to have an indicator for the rudder orientation on the boat. Even an old school needle dial would be great. There are many times that getting everything ready to start and you realize that the boat isn’t heading straight forward because you can’t tell the rudder position. So the boat lurches off to the side and the driver has to do a quick turn of the wheel all while throttling up.

Heath
    I agree with the other suggestions. (not to derail this thread). I don't have autowake or launch control. so for my boat it's extremely important to take off with a straight rudder as that affects how fast my wave develops BIG TIME. It's pretty simple like others have said. Turn the steering wheel to full lock, (on my boat) two rotations and it's in the center. 2 more rotations at it's full lock the other direction. My wife nails it (almost) every time.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com