Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chezdude View Post
    No sensor required. Old school manual needle gauge based on rotation of the steering column. Some things are better solved without technology that is expensive and prone to failure.

Heath
    I have an even cheaper solution. Turn the wheel all the way to the left and then count how many turns to go all the way to the right. Then, whenever you are stopped and have the wheel cut all the way to one side (or the closest), turn the wheel half as many turns in the opposite direction. 🤨 and boom you will take off straight. Orrrrrrr if you slowly take up the slack on the rope as the rider prepares to get up, you SHOULD be able to tell how the boat is tracking and adjust accordingly.

Really, it’s not that hard to figure out. How different is it to a car? Do you have a steering sensor and gauge in your car so you don’t accelerate into the curb? Crikey...sometimes I wonder....people with solutions looking for imaginary problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I have an even cheaper solution. Turn the wheel all the way to the left and then count how many turns to go all the way to the right. Then, whenever you are stopped and have the wheel cut all the way to one side (or the closest), turn the wheel half as many turns in the opposite direction. 🤨 and boom you will take off straight. Orrrrrrr if you slowly take up the slack on the rope as the rider prepares to get up, you SHOULD be able to tell how the boat is tracking and adjust accordingly.

Really, it’s not that hard to figure out. How different is it to a car? Do you have a steering sensor and gauge in your car so you don’t accelerate into the curb? Crikey...sometimes I wonder....people with solutions looking for imaginary problems.

Well played sir!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Well played sir!!!

I agree it’s not hard to take off straight however a car make it much easier since the caster of the front tires tries to straighten the wheel for you once you start rolling

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hi All,
    I've read about half of this thread, and I'm looking to upgrade to the new Makai, can anyone tell if you can switch surf sides on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerdes View Post
    Hi All,
    I've read about half of this thread, and I'm looking to upgrade to the new Makai, can anyone tell if you can switch surf sides on the fly?
    Yes you can. You can do it on all the 2017+ Autowake systems.

2017 Moomba Craz

Is there a way to reset the profile setting back to factory defaults?
    I have a Supra SL, it was a demo boat before me so I’m thinking the default settings have been played with as I don’t get the same numbers you guys mention.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbort View Post
    Is there a way to reset the profile setting back to factory defaults?
    I have a Supra SL, it was a demo boat before me so I’m thinking the default settings have been played with as I don’t get the same numbers you guys mention.
    Your SL should have factory presets for wakeboard beginner and advanced as well as wake surf presets, demo boat would not erase these, but they may have saved some custom rider profiles.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post

Start with your current best setup. In this case you are talking about having the port plate set at 80%. Let AutoWake do its thing and see how the wake looks and feels. Then go into manual mode and on the controls page slowly move the port plate all the way down to 100% by moving it 5% at a time. Then, move the plate all the way to 0%, again 5% at a time. As you do that you can physically watch the shape of the wave change. If you turn on AutoWake, you would also see both the roll AND pitch change as you did that (you can't adjust plates with AW on, so you would have to turn on each time). As you do that what you will find is there will be a range of where the wave looks best. It is likely the wave will be completely washed out from 0-35%. Then around 40% it will start to clean up and then about 85%, it will start to lose any lip to the wave. Now you will see based on your current ballast setup, what the range of plate you can be. Truth is you will get the most push on the low side of that range and the most length on the high side of that range.
    Just want to clarify... If I've toggled to the so called second screen and we are surfing goofy and AW engaged we will see the Port tab and wakeplate setting. I can adjust wakeplate easily and see wave change. The up/down arrows under the button on dash allow for port plate to move 5% at a time. Is it correct, as Goose mentioned, that you cannot adjust on the fly while AW is engaged?

I can press the up/down arrow and see the numbers move and I swear the wave changes, but maybe the display is changing and the plate is actually staying at the position it was in when AW was engaged and cruise speed reached. We have a 2017 Craz Surf Edition. I have NOT updated firmware, still same firmware that boat came with. Maybe that is the difference. I'm actually updating firmware this weekend so we can calibrate roll independently from pitch

Quote Originally Posted by lidsterl View Post
    Just want to clarify... If I've toggled to the so called second screen and we are surfing goofy and AW engaged we will see the Port tab and wakeplate setting. I can adjust wakeplate easily and see wave change. The up/down arrows under the button on dash allow for port plate to move 5% at a time. Is it correct, as Goose mentioned, that you cannot adjust on the fly while AW is engaged?

I can press the up/down arrow and see the numbers move and I swear the wave changes, but maybe the display is changing and the plate is actually staying at the position it was in when AW was engaged and cruise speed reached. We have a 2017 Craz Surf Edition. I have NOT updated firmware, still same firmware that boat came with. Maybe that is the difference. I'm actually updating firmware this weekend so we can calibrate roll independently from pitch
    Yes that is correct, with the original version software you can toggle your surf plates up and down with autowake engaged, the new software you cannot while autowake is engaged.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Yes that is correct, with the original version software you can toggle your surf plates up and down with autowake engaged, the new software you cannot while autowake is engaged.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Agreed

2017 Moomba Craz