Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Still looking for an answer to fill pumps question. Do they stop when the timers hit 100% or 0%?

2018 Mondo, stock ballast 2300 lbs

Default AutoWake questions

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
    Still looking for an answer to fill pumps question. Do they stop when the timers hit 100% or 0%?

Both. On fill at 100% and empty at 0%. Also based on my observations, Cruise will not engage if you have already exceeeded the set speed and then cycle back to cruise control or autowake, and sometimes you have to ease off the throttle too and then re-engage after you set cruise. It doesn’t really like being messed with while underway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 07-09-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Thanks.

Dave,

sorry about delay. We started model change and it is quite hectic over here for a little bit. But hopefully it will all be released soon and you will see why we are so busy...

I think Stazi already answered your question on the pumps, but as always, I will elaborate a little more...

The pumps will turn off when the "timers" stop at full or empty. But that does NOT mean your bags are full or empty. If you didn't know, you can change the ballast timers for each bag and I don't think people adjust those timers enough. If you are having to overfill every time, then you need to add time to the fill. If you have to overdrain each time, then again you need to add time to drain. Getting the timers more accurate will help you make sure you are really optimizing your Displacement. Also, and I have warned this several times, but be careful when overfilling. You should only overfill until you hear water come out. Overfilling for extended periods of time WILL (not can) lead to issues. You can pop fittings loose, damage engine dividers, pop other panels loose, etc. So, try and get your timers to where the ballast is full but not overdraining and you should be good to go.

Also, if you didn't know, if you ever get in a bind where you know the ballast is full or empty, you can reset the gauge to zero or full. It is in the same menu settings and I use it occasionally if my timers get way off.

You also mentioned questions about cruise. If you are running AutoWake, but want to check ballast levels, the best way to do that is to turn on a ballast switch momentarily, then turn switch off. That makes AutoWake inactive, but leaves cruise on. IF you turn OFF AutoWake, then you actually turn off cruise AND your wakeplate will also move to 75%. This drastically changes everything and your wake and speed will be messed up. Next time you are out, try that and see if that doesn't work better.

As Stazi said, IF you have cruise on, then you actually have to slow the boat below cruise before you can manually adjust the speed more than cruise set speed. You should be able to engage cruise at any speed and it will slow down.

Hope that answers your questions....

By the way, I love your boat setup. You guys are hardcore up there and I love that you are using your boat regardless of the weather. That is a true fan!! AND there are many times I wish I had a setup like that. I have tried to park under bridges or other things in the middle of a storm, and I have driven across the lake in the hard rain and nothing stings more than rain against my bald head as you try to run for cover. So, I think it looks awesome!

Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Thanks again Matt. Your clear answers have helped. I’ve read this forum from start to finish and printed all the posts that apply to me to create a reference manual of sorts to bring to my cottage (no internet there and 1 bar on the phone). We had a fantastic day Saturday when I resent the levels to zero and filled the bags until they started to leak out the sides. Then I reset them all to read full so the boat knew where it was. We then scrambled to move people (6 on board) to get to the 9 and -3 before autowake started draining to adjust. It worked great. See the picture of my daughter carving her 3rd time on a board. She actually just gave up when tired. Is there a way I can read pitch and roll in static mode before we throttle up to move people around. Should I be sitting at a certain pitch and roll at idle depending on the side we have a surfer on? That would reduce the musical chairs game with autowake in countdown mode.

Still haven’t figured out the best setup for skiing but have only tried twice. Having too much fun surfing.

Dave,

I am so excited to hear that you are having great results. That is awesome that you got your daughter riding and looks like she is having a blast. I think as you continue to use the system, you will figure out how to let the system help you become a better driver each time you are out.

You actually ask a great question and I probably should have answered that long ago. The way the system works is there is a look up table (and in case competitors are reading this, all this technology is patent protected...) that is looking at actual pitch and roll while at static and then it estimates where it needs to be to get dynamic results that you are asking for. For factory presets to surf left of 9 pitch and -3 roll, the static pitch should be somewhere between .25 and .5 pitch, and the static roll should be close to 2 degrees. If you just let AutoWake do it's thing, it will get to exactly where it thinks it needs to be, but if you want to speed up the predictive state, you can just try and get passengers located to where you are at .5 pitch and -2 roll and that should get you really close. Keep in mind, that is of course if you are using the factory flow settings of 60 for the starboard flow plate. Also keep in mind that wakeplate % will also affect these. Default wakeplate is 25%. If you run the wakeplate at 0%, then the dynamic pitch will end up a little higher and higher or lower flow plates will affect roll. But again, static .5 pitch and -2 roll will get you close for surfing left.

To surf starboard, you could start with same .5 pitch but you should probably increase roll to about 2.5. Again, that is with flow plate at 70% and wakeplate at 25%.

If you are reading this and you don't use AutoWake, but always set up the boat manually, this should make sense why you typically adjust your ballast to have more weight on the surf side. IF your passengers are sitting neutral, then you have to use the ballast to get this same static roll offset before you take off. So, IF your passengers are truly sitting level, then you are doing the same thing that AutoWake is doing. The beauty of AutoWake is you don't have to assume anything. If you want to leave the passengers sitting where ever they want, then AutoWake will adjust it exactly as it needs. If you want to maximize ballast, then you can tell passengers exactly where to sit. If you don't use AutoWake, and you never adjust your nonsurf side ballast from 80%, then you will NEVER get max displacement. I am sure you can get a good wave, but as I say all the time there is no replacement for displacement, IF you actually had 100% on nonsurf side too, then that is like adding an additional passenger.

I also probably need to stress that not all manufacturers create surf waves the same way. Some manufacturers claim you can sit with the boat level and their "surf system" does all the work. That's good for them and I am sure many people out there prefer those type systems. But our system does NOT work that way. We roll the boat and that is how we create the surf wave. There are advantages and disadvantages to all systems in the market and we feel like our advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Rolling the boat requires a system to lift on one side and requires the boat to run non level. But, the advantage is you can run our boat at different pitch and roll angles and the more you displace, the bigger the wave gets. The disadvantage to some of the other systems is you can't run too much weight in the back (or higher pitch) or the system doesn't work properly. Again, that is the beauty of competition and it gives multiple options to the end consumers. We know some people prefer our competition and never consider our product and that is fine. But hopefully the people that are reading this are in our camp and like our product. I know that got a little long winded but I think it is important for you guys to understand how our system is different and why and that also helps you understand AutoWake a little better.

As far as displaying the predictive values, we thought that would be really complicated if we show different values at different speeds. We want this system to be complex, intelligent, dynamic AND reactive BUT at the same time easy to use. So, we thought the best idea would be to just show actual pitch and roll, and let all the complicated stuff happen in the background. As you said, IF you are quick, you can help the system out before it reacts much. The other idea that I have mentioned before is let the system do it's thing, and at anytime hit a ballast switch so you can toggle AutoWake off WITHOUT turning off cruise. Then when you look at where the ballast levels are, you can fine tune and maximize ballast by slowly moving passengers toward the area that has the MOST ballast. For example, if AutoWake has achieved pitch and roll, then you display ballast levels and the ballast is 100% on port side, 80% on starboard side, and 60% in the front, then IF you want to maximize ballast, you need to move passengers to the back of the boat to let the front fill more, and you can shift passengers to port side to let the starboard side fill more. Be careful, because a little goes a long way. BUT, if you over adjust, you can always shift back the other direction.

Again, these are little things that as you use the system you will learn how to let the system help you help it. hahaha

Good luck!

Thanks again Matt. Your clear answers have helped. I’ve read this forum from start to finish and printed all the posts that apply to me to create a reference manual of sorts to bring to my cottage (no internet there and 1 bar on the phone). We had a fantastic day Saturday when I resent the levels to zero and filled the bags until they started to leak out the sides. Then I reset them all to read full so the boat knew where it was. We then scrambled to move people (6 on board) to get to the 9 and -3 before autowake started draining to adjust. It worked great. See the picture of my daughter carving her 3rd time on a board. She actually just gave up when tired. Is there a way I can read pitch and roll in static mode before we throttle up to move people around. Should I be sitting at a certain pitch and roll at idle depending on the side we have a surfer on? That would reduce the musical chairs game with autowake in countdown mode.

Still haven’t figured out the best setup for skiing but have only tried twice. Having too much fun surfing.

Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Great explanation and this is what I am seeing and finally understanding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Thanks Matt. This will help get us in the green (autowake achieved) faster.

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    The other idea that I have mentioned before is let the system do it's thing, and at anytime hit a ballast switch so you can toggle AutoWake off WITHOUT turning off cruise. Then when you look at where the ballast levels are, you can fine tune and maximize ballast by slowly moving passengers toward the area that has the MOST ballast.
    I do this a lot, and have screwed myself with it a few times by leaving the boat in cruise only and switching surf sides or something (and the ballast not changing over). I REALLY wish the screens showed ballast levels along with AutoWake info.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I do this a lot, and have screwed myself with it a few times by leaving the boat in cruise only and switching surf sides or something (and the ballast not changing over). I REALLY wish the screens showed ballast levels along with AutoWake info.
    Agreed. I think this should be in a new software patch. Why hide the ballast levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz