Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    Yea, I’m going to shoot Goose a DM.

Not sure if you have them available but if so, would you mind posting or DM me the PNs?

The two pricey components quoted to me were the draft sensor (~$320) and a three axis incline sensor (~$540). I imagine without the incline sensor I would be closer to your quote. Do you recall anything about this sensor or if it’s actually needed? I suppose maybe it could be standard on the pro and not the mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 3 axis incline sensor should already be installed on your boat.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default AutoWake questions

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Here is the parts list that Matt sent me:
    Awesome! This matches my parts quote exactly with the exception of the incline sensor.

I’ll round back with my dealer sometime next week once everyone is back from the boat show.

My next hurdle is getting them some basic instructions and not making this a R&D project.

Last edited by iwannagofast; 02-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    Flow 2.0 Surf MAX Package
    Black/Brittany Blue Metal Flake
    w/ Striker Graphics

Hey guys. I have been following this the last few days and also hearing about it on our side as well. Let me try and clear up the confusion as well as help where I can.

First, the draft sensor is new for 2018. To install it where we needed it relative to all the other ballast intakes, we had to change the jigs of where everything is located under the hull from 2017. Because of that, there is no written instructions of where to install a draft sensor on a 2017. Since we don't have anything written up, the customer service department has nothing to send you if you want to install it. That is why you got the information you got from customer service. However, you can buy the parts. This is always a tricky deal on if we offer 2018 parts on a 2017 or 2016, but the way we see it is we sell parts in our parts department and we know we can't police exactly where those parts are installed. A dealer can claim he is buying the parts for a 2018, and install on a 2017 so we know we have no control on that side. That is exactly why you got the quote but no written instructions on how to install it. Hope that makes sense.

As to installation, first I have to clarify that the draft sensor is a patented component. If you buy the parts from us, then there is no problem. If you try to duplicate the idea of the parts, then that is your choice, just understand patent protection. On the draft sensor, what is critical is the location of the draft sensor relative to the bottom of the boat. However, the way we do that is we define the distance from the top of the draft sensor to the deck. If you look at the pictures above, you will notice the draft sensor is secured to the deck with a clamp (grey clamp). The draft sensor has a vented cap that sits directly against the clamp. On the Mondo, the top of the grey clamp is 1.5 inches from the deck. On the Craz and Mojo, the top of the clamp is 3.5 inches from the deck. On the Helix, the top of the clamp is 9 inches from the deck. On the Max, the top of the clamp is 14 inches from the deck. Yes, the Max really is that much deeper than all the other boats. As a side note, that is why the Max has a deep storage over the engine. It should also be noted that any storage box over the engine on a Mondo, Craz or Mojo would be really thin. Sorry, I know that is a different thread. hahaha

Anyways, if you want to install the draft sensor, the dealer will have to find the best location for water pickup, and get the correct amount of hose to get the draft sensor eventually located in exactly the right location and especially in the correct location relative to the deck. The dimensions above should help. And if you have major problems, let me know. Just realize that my job is product development and I can't help everyone with every detail on every custom install. But hopefully that helps on the basics.

As to the "incline sensor", that is the Inclinometer that is critical for AutoWake to work. If you already have AutoWake, then you already have the incline sensor. However, if you have a 2017 without AutoWake, then you will need the incline sensor. Hope that clears that up.

Good luck!
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Hey guys. I have been following this the last few days and also hearing about it on our side as well. Let me try and clear up the confusion as well as help where I can.

First, the draft sensor is new for 2018. To install it where we needed it relative to all the other ballast intakes, we had to change the jigs of where everything is located under the hull from 2017. Because of that, there is no written instructions of where to install a draft sensor on a 2017. Since we don't have anything written up, the customer service department has nothing to send you if you want to install it. That is why you got the information you got from customer service. However, you can buy the parts. This is always a tricky deal on if we offer 2018 parts on a 2017 or 2016, but the way we see it is we sell parts in our parts department and we know we can't police exactly where those parts are installed. A dealer can claim he is buying the parts for a 2018, and install on a 2017 so we know we have no control on that side. That is exactly why you got the quote but no written instructions on how to install it. Hope that makes sense.

As to installation, first I have to clarify that the draft sensor is a patented component. If you buy the parts from us, then there is no problem. If you try to duplicate the idea of the parts, then that is your choice, just understand patent protection. On the draft sensor, what is critical is the location of the draft sensor relative to the bottom of the boat. However, the way we do that is we define the distance from the top of the draft sensor to the deck. If you look at the pictures above, you will notice the draft sensor is secured to the deck with a clamp (grey clamp). The draft sensor has a vented cap that sits directly against the clamp. On the Mondo, the top of the grey clamp is 1.5 inches from the deck. On the Craz and Mojo, the top of the clamp is 3.5 inches from the deck. On the Helix, the top of the clamp is 9 inches from the deck. On the Max, the top of the clamp is 14 inches from the deck. Yes, the Max really is that much deeper than all the other boats. As a side note, that is why the Max has a deep storage over the engine. It should also be noted that any storage box over the engine on a Mondo, Craz or Mojo would be really thin. Sorry, I know that is a different thread. hahaha

Anyways, if you want to install the draft sensor, the dealer will have to find the best location for water pickup, and get the correct amount of hose to get the draft sensor eventually located in exactly the right location and especially in the correct location relative to the deck. The dimensions above should help. And if you have major problems, let me know. Just realize that my job is product development and I can't help everyone with every detail on every custom install. But hopefully that helps on the basics.

As to the "incline sensor", that is the Inclinometer that is critical for AutoWake to work. If you already have AutoWake, then you already have the incline sensor. However, if you have a 2017 without AutoWake, then you will need the incline sensor. Hope that clears that up.

Good luck!
    Thanks a million for your contributions!

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Good luck!
    As always, this was very helpful. Thanks for confirming and clarifying some of the above confusion Goose.

To clarify my own R&D comment, that was not intended to mean try to duplicate the draft sensor. Maybe “experimental install” would have been a better choice of words.

Which it sounds like it may end up being anyways.

Thanks again!

Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    w/ Striker Graphics

Default AutoWake questions

Good luck!
    We are well aware that it would be really thin but really thin is 1000x better than no storage at all! The axis A20 has one that is super thin as well, probably half what a Mojo would be and it is still extremely useful!

We even had a poll one the Moomba Supra owners Facebook page and everyone wants one of these. If nothing else can you give us your supplier information so we can contact them directly about it?

Last edited by rdlangston13; 02-08-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hey David. I saw the poll and I totally agree on usefulness even if it's thin. I was really just trying to set the expectations that if we do a cover, it would not be as deep as the Max. Just so you know, the project is obviously on our radar. And truthfully, I am pretty sure we will get something eventually, I just can't confirm on when and how much it might cost. As you guys know, we love making our current customers happy with retrofittable projects, but we also have to balance that with the new product development projects. I am sure I will keep you posted as we get something.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Hey David. I saw the poll and I totally agree on usefulness even if it's thin. I was really just trying to set the expectations that if we do a cover, it would not be as deep as the Max. Just so you know, the project is obviously on our radar. And truthfully, I am pretty sure we will get something eventually, I just can't confirm on when and how much it might cost. As you guys know, we love making our current customers happy with retrofittable projects, but we also have to balance that with the new product development projects. I am sure I will keep you posted as we get something.
    Haha ok, as long as you were not using the thin ness as an excuse to dismiss us. It would awesome to have something out before summer...

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I’ll second this
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    It would awesome to have something out before summer...

Garrett

2017 Moomba Mojo
    w/ Striker Graphics

If you wanna DIY, use this, take the float and sensor out and insert it into a pipe. �� You could use the seadoos gas guage to to see how full or deep you are.

https://goo.gl/images/zDbkgL
    Last edited by parrothd; 02-08-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead