Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Matt, a slightly related question: when turning surf off, would that not start adjusting your ballast settings to go to wakeboard instead of surf? That is one of the reasons I would leave port surf on between riders, but I always shut the engine off when switching riders.
    You are correct. If you turned surf off and left key on, then it would try and adjust ballast to wakeboard settings. However, if you turn surf off, then turn key off, then it wouldn't have time to really even turn the ballast pump on. When key is off, it wouldn't try and adjust.

Also, after a little more testing I found that if you leave the key off long enough, WITH the surf switch still on port surf, then eventually it would get into a hard boot startup. On a hard boot, it would actually reset the plates, then see the input, then correct the issue. So, lets say you left the port side switch on. Rider number 1 is finished so you pick them up, turn key off. If that rider changes his mind and wants to ride or you turned the key off to give them instruction, then the glitch might happen. But if you turn key off, change riders and that takes a few minutes, then you would actually then see a hard boot and with a hard boot, the glitch would not happen. Which in turn makes the glitch even more random. Bottom line is we have a problem, thanks to your help we have found it, and I have asked the vendor to fast track the solution and I will try to make it as easy as possible to correct. In the mean time hopefully I have given some ideas of how to prevent the glitch from happening until we can get the solution.

Another fix around the glitch is you can bump the safety lanyard to turn key off without actually turning the display off. Again, most people probably didn't even realize you can do that, but with key on, you can push the red button of the safety lanyard at anytime and actually it will turn off ignition. However, it doesn't cycle display power which in turn doesn't send a random ground signal causing the glitch to start with. Hopefully we will have a solution in hand before many of you even get back to the water but that is just another tip if you didn't know that.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

have done the safety switch , bumped it with my knee while towing a surfer, and it works , was a little funny at the time. Thanks again Matt.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Bottom line is we have a problem, thanks to your help we have found it, and I have asked the vendor to fast track the solution and I will try to make it as easy as possible to correct.
    I don't spend any time on other boat manufacturer's websites/discussion forums but I ask, what other boat company (or car company for that matter) has this kind of relationship with it's owners. This right here is an example of EXCELLENCE in customer satisfaction. With any complicated system like this, there is going to be some untested bugs. It's unfortunate in a product of this cost, but it does happen. It's not unique to Skier's Choice by any stretch of the imagination. Do you think for a second, MC, Malibu, Nautique have product developers engaged w/their customers at this level... and with this rapid of a response. Matt, whatever Rick is paying you is not enough.
    2016 Craz

Thanks Pound, everyone here at Skiers appreciates the kind words. We are just trying to do our best.
    Matt Brown

And that is why I choose to say with Skiers Choice!! My wife wanted to trade up from out 2016 Mojo to a G23 and I was tempted by the lifted skirt and perfumed inner thigh of a G23. I spent hours reading through this forum and other forums and no other company offer this kind of support. Bottom line Skiers Choice is killing the competition with customer service like this.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    And that is why I choose to say with Skiers Choice!! My wife wanted to trade up from out 2016 Mojo to a G23 and I was tempted by the lifted skirt and perfumed inner thigh of a G23. I spent hours reading through this forum and other forums and no other company offer this kind of support. Bottom line Skiers Choice is killing the competition with customer service like this.
    Slightly excited reading about the inner thigh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Lmfao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I think the AutoWake system is just trying to let everybody know they should ride GOOFY!!!
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

So I am a nautique owner, we went and demoed a few different boats. The first boat we hopped in was a supra sa, I have to say that autowake is a sales persons best friend. I went wakeboarding and the wake was awesome, level and fun. Then my wife went surfing and the wake was great.
    We then tried a tige and a centurion, the boats were nice but setting them up was a pain as the sales people didn't get it dialled in. The nautique dealer did get g23 set up.
    I have to say this will sell more boats as it makes the sales guys job much easier well done supra/moomba
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Random AutoWake Tip of the Day – Advanced Users (part 2 – Flow Plates)

The truth is when it comes to wakesurfing, it is pretty simple what effects the waves. Displacement is priority #1. It trumps everything. Displacement is only created by ballast and passengers. Without displacement, you don’t have a wave. You can adjust flow plates, wakeplates, suck gates, etc all you want, but if you don’t have displacement then you don’t have a wave and you definitely don’t have push. Once you have displacement, then it truly is the overall pitch and roll of the boat that shapes the wave. Roll has the most impact on shape, and Pitch has most impact on length. The flow plates and wakeplates DO affect roll and pitch, but NOT NEAR as much as displacement does. If you have 1000lbs of displacement equally distributed, you could adjust flow plates and wakeplate to get a wave, but if you have 3000lbs of displacement placed in exactly the right place, then you don’t need flow plates or wakeplates at all. 7 years ago wake shaping devices didn’t exist. People surfed by listing boats. Flow plates, wakeplates, Surf Gates, NSS, Gen 2’s were not developed to replace ballast systems. They were designed to allow users to surf easier with boats that were more equally weighted. In our case, we have located the plates and set factory defaults because that is what we found to work for most users. Again, as you become a more advanced user, then you can start experimenting with the plate locations and you can fine tune the waves even more.

So, the next step is to learn how the flow plates work. As I said before, any plate that pushes water has an opposite reaction on the boat. If a plate is deployed below the surface and pushes water down, then that creates actual lift on the boat. This is how the wakeplate and flow 2 plates work. Without getting too complicated, lets just say it creates lift and lift is actually the opposite force of displacement. When you surf left, the stbd actuator goes down moving water to a different location but also “rolls” the boat by lifting the stbd side. It is actually doing 2 things as it helps the “delayed convergence” of the water behind the boat creating the surf wave. Ok, so that is a lot of words, but what exactly does that look like? Sometime when you are on the water and NOT surfing, switch to manual mode and experiment with Flow plate location to see how that actually “looks” behind the boat. The best way to do that is with a slightly offset weighted boat. So manually fill the ballast in the boat to 100% on surf side, 80% on opposite side and at least 50% in the front. Have the passengers sit in the boat as evenly as possible. Now, without moving any passengers, turn cruise into manual mode and go between 10.8 to 11mph. When cruise is engaged, manually move the flow plates all the way to 0. You can move the plate on the controls screen with the up and down arrow. When flow plates are at 0, you will notice that the wave is not formed and unsurfable. Slowly add 5% plate at a time and watch how it changes the wave. You will probably notice that somewhere between 45-60% the wave will start to form. But don’t stop there. Keep adjusting all the way to 100%. As you continue to add plate, you will notice the wave “looks” like it is getting longer and possibly cleaner. But you will also notice that the wave will be getting smaller and eventually it will probably again become unsurfable as you get closer to 95-100%. The reason is because it will eventually create so much lift on the one side that it is really fighting the displacement that is trying to push the boat down. Do this on the port and stbd side and see how the prop rotation also affects how much plate is required on the port side relative to the stbd side. Now that you understand better how the flow plates actually work, then you can begin to understand when you might want to adjust them. My general rule of thumb is if I do NOT have a lot of displacement, then I can help the system gain a little more “PUSH” by actually running the flow plates a little higher than normal (Maybe in the 40-50 range). On the opposite side, if I DO have a lot of displacement, then I can actually run the plates a little lower (Maybe in the 75-85 range) to give the wave a little more length. If you like to have the majority of your passengers sit on the side that you are surfing, then you can also run less plate. This creates less roll by the plate and the offset weight creates the roll. If you have your passengers evenly weighted or even possibly a little to the wrong side, then you can slightly add more plate to clean up the wake without having AutoWake drain ballast to compensate. Again, as I said before, do NOT make these adjustments until you have first tried factory settings and experimented with flow plates and actually understand what you are adjusting. As with anything, all adjustments have tradeoffs. What might work for one application might make something else worse in a different application.

Ok, that is it for Advanced Users Part 2. Part 3 will be how and when to adjust wakeplate and also how and when to adjust pitch and roll for advanced users using high amounts of displacement.
    Matt Brown