Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc2 View Post
    Thanks Stazi. That worked just perfectly. Decreased the surf plates by 15 each side and it did just what we wanted. Had a great wave, best yet.
    Mark
    Awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    The draft sensor only reads accurately when the boat is sitting still. As the boat moves, water actually drains out of the sensor due to venturi effect. The system stops reading at 4mph, but if you idle with a lot of weight, it can see the reduced level because it will idle less than 4mph. I would imagine your sensor showed full when sitting still and less when moving. Let me know if that isnt the case...
    Matt,
    I watched the AMP bar all weekend. Yesterday boat was weighted with the 3000 factory ballast and an additional 2250 in lead, ballast bags and people. The AMP bar both potential and actual were at the top, both static and moving at 11MPH. Today the boat was weighted exactly the same and the AMP bar was about at the bottom third both potential and actual both static and at speed 10MPH. I took pictures of the screen at each time that I could send if needed. Do I have a problem with my sensor?
    Mark
    2018 Moomba Mojo Pro
    2015 Moomba Mobius LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDoc2 View Post
    Matt,
    I watched the AMP bar all weekend. Yesterday boat was weighted with the 3000 factory ballast and an additional 2250 in lead, ballast bags and people. The AMP bar both potential and actual were at the top, both static and moving at 11MPH. Today the boat was weighted exactly the same and the AMP bar was about at the bottom third both potential and actual both static and at speed 10MPH. I took pictures of the screen at each time that I could send if needed. Do I have a problem with my sensor?
    Mark
    Sorry about delay. Been busy trying to get boats built. haha

Sounds like Stazi helped you on wake shape. I think it is in an earlier post, but once you get a lot of displacement, you can definitely fine tune shape by playing with Flow plate position. As you have seen, a little less flow % and the wave gets steeper close to the boat. A little more flow % and the wave gets mellow close to the boat. If you watch, it also affects roll and pitch. So, as you really fine tune it, you need to make sure you get them all how you like it. Factory settings will work for most people, but as some of the other guys mentioned, exactly how steep you like it is very personal.

As to the Amp bar, you can definitely email me pictures, but I think it is still a moving issue. I may not have explained it well enough, but the AMP bar stops reading at 4 mph AND will continue to display that level until you slow back down to less than 4mph. So, if the amp bar is at the top sitting still, then you start idling forward, the amp bar will slowly lower. Then once you get past 4 mph, it will display that until you slow down again. Keep in mind this is actually a complex system and there are filters and data always working in the background, so if you take off one time and get past 4 mph very quickly, then it might not see the reduced amp level. But if next time you take off a little slower, then it catches the lowered amplitude and displays it. Hope that makes sense. Again, the idea behind the amp display is to give you an idea BEFORE you take off of how much displacement you have that day. If you are getting different readings during the day as the boat moves, that is normal and you don't have an issue. If you are getting different results as the boat is sitting completely still with the same ballast and displacement, then yes there might be an issue. Let me know which of these it is.

Hope that helps!
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Thank you very much for the information!
    Long searched for it.

Watching the Supras and Moombas come down the exact same service lines really helps illustrate the difference between Moomba and other “budget” boats.

This might be off a little because this thread has been about '17 and' 18 autowake, but now that the '19s are officially out, what has improved? The website has a lot of marketing, and almost no explanation of what really is better. The price went up almost $500 for the autowake option from' 18 to '19 so does anyone know what autowake with multisensor technology is adding as compared to the' 18s?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    This might be off a little because this thread has been about '17 and' 18 autowake, but now that the '19s are officially out, what has improved? The website has a lot of marketing, and almost no explanation of what really is better. The price went up almost $500 for the autowake option from' 18 to '19 so does anyone know what autowake with multisensor technology is adding as compared to the' 18s?

Draft sensor, amplitude, bag-full sensors with auto shut-off of pumps when filling, and I think “predictive state” which I am not in the know on.

These are at least some changes I am aware of—not a complete list I am sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Draft sensor, amplitude, bag-full sensors with auto shut-off of pumps when filling, and I think “predictive state” which I am not in the know on.

These are at least some changes I am aware of—not a complete list I am sure .

Draft sensor and predictive state were new for '18. I think the bag sensors and maybe a tweak to the logic are the big changes for '19. I;m sure goose will chime in when he can. I could see the bag sensors alone being the $500 difference - well a market based price. No one else has that!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I was thinking it was the bag sensors, but not sure if there's anything more. I demoed a 19 max and I thought that it was a cool feature.

2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

There you go! The bag sensors are cool—they kill the pumps and re-hack the ballast percentage to 100%. You still have to have your timers close though, because empty relies on them.

Would be cool if the computer kept track of how long it took to fill and just did that in reverse for empty. Maybe that’s coming? But so far the bag sensors work perfectly.