Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

This is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I can confirm some of the same issues on my 17 mojo. I have not noticed issues with the wrong plate deploying but I did see the weight being sent to the opposite bags yesterday. Initially the port wave was dialed once autowake was achieved with no rider. We stopped and turned the engine off to get a surfer in the water, started back up and got under way, it looked great but with in a few mins the wave started falling apart. I checked the percentages on the rear bags and the port bag had emptied while the starboard bag had filled. I turned auto flow off and manually got the bags back to where they should have been and the wave was rockin again.
    Same issues for me as well. I've only used Autowake a handful of times. Each time it drained port side. 17 Mojo.
    2017 Mojo Surf Edition
    2017 F-150 XLT Tow Vehicle

-----------Other Toys-----------
    2007 Honda AquaTrax F-12X
    1994 Toyota Supra Turbo

For those keeping up with this issue on the glitch, I received new software today that has addressed the glitch, I tested it in the shop today and took it to the lake today and so far so good. I think we have fixed the glitch. We will continue to finish the rest of our standard testing, but we should have a fix that we can send out no later than the first of next week. Thanks again for helping us fix it. Maybe this glitch has been the issue for some of those not having the best results with AutoWake.

Stay tuned....
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Awesome news! Thanks Matt
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    For those keeping up with this issue on the glitch, I received new software today that has addressed the glitch, I tested it in the shop today and took it to the lake today and so far so good. I think we have fixed the glitch. We will continue to finish the rest of our standard testing, but we should have a fix that we can send out no later than the first of next week. Thanks again for helping us fix it. Maybe this glitch has been the issue for some of those not having the best results with AutoWake.

Stay tuned....
    Matt,

Will the software update be for Moomba autowake only?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Matt,

Will the software update be for Moomba autowake only?
    Not sure what you mean? The software I have tested is for Moomba. Looks like you have a Supra. Were you having a problem with it??
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Maybe this had happened to other people , but today while using auto wake , had everything set for port surfing got going auto wake achieved, then the wake started to look like crap , my wife was driving, we stop and look at the screen , and the suffer dude was still pointed for port surf , starboard plate was down , but the auto wake settings changed to starboard surf settings while driving and it had dumped 65% of the port ballast, had to flip the auto flow switch to middle and start over , I have noticed alot but I can catch it when I drive , some major software issues going on
    We had this happen too. I think if you swap from port to starboard or vice verses you need to turn auto wake off and the back on for it to be set for the new surf side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We had this happen too. I think if you swap from port to starboard or vice verses you need to turn auto wake off and the back on for it to be set for the new surf side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes sense except on that issue we never did change anything , was surfing port side for 10 minutes or so and all was good , picked up a down rider never turned boat off or changed settings , got rider up and after going for 6 min or so the wave was diminished , the auto wake settings changed to the starboard settings with the switch still in surf port while driving, used it all day to today without it happening though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    Makes sense except on that issue we never did change anything , was surfing port side for 10 minutes or so and all was good , picked up a down rider never turned boat off or changed settings , got rider up and after going for 6 min or so the wave was diminished , the auto wake settings changed to the starboard settings with the switch still in surf port while driving, used it all day to today without it happening though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    This is my experience as well!
    2017 Mojo Surf Edition
    2017 F-150 XLT Tow Vehicle

-----------Other Toys-----------
    2007 Honda AquaTrax F-12X
    1994 Toyota Supra Turbo

Ok, for the glitch update, I ran the new 2018 software all weekend and I think the glitch is gone. As with any software, fixing one glitch might have created another "bug" somewhere else, but it seems to be solid to me. We still don't have the 2017 software done as we wanted to validate the 2018 first, but we should have that shortly. We are thinking we might try and put this software somewhere on our website or somewhere in a cloud based location so that owners can just download their latest software when ever they would like. Reflashing the software is very straight forward. You download the file, put it on a USB stick, put the USB stick in the USB port under the dash, and hold down the middle button while turning the key on. That puts it into bootloader mode and looks for the correct file type on the USB. If it is on there, then you select it and it reflashes the software. It is very important to note that when you reflash software, it resets your ballast timers. So you will have to go back and change those. It is recommended that you see where timers are before reflashing so that you know exactly where to set them to. It also resets flows plates and AutoWake settings back to default, but I recommend leaving them at default for most users anyways.

Again, for those not up to speed, the glitch was created because of the way we send the input signal to the PDM. To surf on port side, the switch actually sends a 12V positive signal to the PDM. To surf on stbd side, the switch actually sends a 12V negative signal to the PDM. What happened was if you turned key off with the switch in the surf port setting, sometimes based on exactly what turned off and when, the system would lose the ignition wire which generated the 12V positive signal. However, the now "neutral" signal would sometimes see ground and send an accidental 12V ground command to the PDM. That is why it changed plate locations and roll settings. Sometimes, it would do that, then on key on, it would see the now 12V positive signal and correct itself. But other times it wouldn't. Anyways, we were able to add delays that hopefully prevent that from happening and additional delays that go back and recheck every key cycle. So, even if it does send the wrong signal, then it does correct it and based on my testing, I couldn't get it to "glitch".

It is important to note that as with any electrical system, many factors can also contribute to "glitches" like this. Boats used in the water are NOT the optimum setup for proper ground planes. I am a mechanical engineer, so I am way outside my comfort zone talking electrical stuff, but lets just say that all grounds are NOT equal in a boat. In addition, loose connections at the battery, engine, bus bars, and in many areas can cause ground loops and noise. An electrical engineer reading this would probably laugh at my ignorance, but it is possible that this glitch could be more prevalent in some boats more than others. Regardless, hopefully we have found the fix and again hopefully this will improve performance for those such as TJC that might be seeing this glitch...
    Matt Brown