Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

I haven't seen that video in quite a while but I do think it does a great job of explaining the need for AutoWake.

As an fyi, for those that didn't know, AutoWake was invented and patented by Richard and the crew at Waketouch. In fact, that is Richard narrating the video and I think that is his family as models in the video. At the time, we were also working on an AutoBallast system and as soon as we met Richard, we joined a partnership and eventually Skiers Choice bought the original AutoWake patents. Since that day, we have continued our partnership and have filed and received many additional patents such as for the draft sensor, amplitude bar, as well as many others I can't discuss at this point. I have said this before, but I consider AutoWake just the beginning of a new direction in Wake and Wave control. And skiers choice is the only company that has the technology and the protection of the intellectual property associated with it. While we understand many people still don't understand it, or don't trust it, or just simply choose not to use it, I really think in a few years from now, we will look back and see how much this has changed the user interface for helping the boat generate the perfect waves for beginner as well as advanced riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Idcatfan View Post
    Also found this link as well. It’s old school (? before SC bought the technology), but it gives a really good, though somewhat cheesy, visual of several things Matt has been explaining.

https://youtu.be/cT0o_WOV4RU
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    On the pitch and roll, that should also be in the manual, but should also display on the screen. The goofy roll is 5 degrees and the regular roll is 3 degrees. Pitch is 9 degrees for both.
    Matt, is the regular roll 3 or -3 because on my Helix the goofy side roll is 5 but the regular shows (-3)?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Matt, is the regular roll 3 or -3 because on my Helix the goofy side roll is 5 but the regular shows (-3)?
    -3 or - whatever number works you for regular surfing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    Correct, as Steve said -3 or whatever works best. To clarify, i meant 3 degrees roll to port side. Roll to port side shows as negative numbers. Roll to stbd side shows as positive numbers. Some manufacturers use numbers that have no meaning. Ours has a specific and exact meaning. -3 is 3 degrees roll to port. Hope that clears it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Correct, as Steve said -3 or whatever works best. To clarify, i meant 3 degrees roll to port side. Roll to port side shows as negative numbers. Roll to stbd side shows as positive numbers. Some manufacturers use numbers that have no meaning. Ours has a specific and exact meaning. -3 is 3 degrees roll to port. Hope that clears it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks................
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    -3 or - whatever number works you for regular surfing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    /
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure the (-) number setting was correct. And yes, with the added ballast/lead I have, my roll number is definitely higher than 3.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Hi Matt, another good weekend on our new Mondo. We had a couple issues. Given that we’re running a smaller boat with only 2300 lbs of ballast we ask family to come along and watch. (No replacement for displacement) We filled all three sacs loaded up the back surf corner as per one persons suggestion and then started. Autowake did what it is supposed to do to try to get to the right pitch and roll but it did this by draining the ballast in the surf corner that we overloaded. After checking the tanks we realized what was happening. We filled all three tanks again and as soon as we were up to 10.8 mph I started telling people where to move. We got to autowake achieved with max ballast and my daughter surfed for her first time.

I have 2 questions. When the timers think the sacs are empty or full by reading 0% or 100%, do the pumps stop running? After a few cycles I like to let them fill until they start to spit out the side to make sure I’m at 100% and after draining I like to hear them start to suck air to make sure I’m not running the 7 miles back to my marina with an extra 500 lbs on board.

Also, one time after a fall I was cycling autowake off to check ballast and then I started the run in cruise off position my daughter got up but even after turning cruise on I had to manually keep the speed at 10.8. Is there a way to engage cruise after running at speed? If I engaged autowake would cruise take over? I have zero off gps cruise.

By the way, I have to run to my cottage in the rain, at night and on cold days in May and September. I put a running cockpit cover on. I know some purists will cringe but it’s very functional and still looks good with the top on. Check out the pic.

Thanks.

Dave

2018 Mondo, stock ballast 2300 lbs

What the hell....poor boat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    What the hell....poor boat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Frankenmomba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cottage is on an island 7 miles from my marina. I don’t want to leave my boat alone on the island which means it’s gotta make the trip rain or shine. My wife wouldn’t be impressed if I had to tell her we’re going across the lake in 60 degree weather in the rain. I’ve made the trip in snow flurries a couple times. You should see the first top the dealership put on. It was hideous and not what I ordered. They changed it at their cost.

2018 Mondo, stock ballast 2300 lbs