Stazi,

Another good question and I wish I had a better answer for why we didn't do that in the past. In 2018, the Mojo, Craz, and Max do come with 3,000lb ballast standard. Granted you could change the 900lb bag with a longer bag that might hold 1000 or 1100 in the Mojo, but we have to balance overall storage space and passenger capacity in our decision making. Not everyone buys the boat to surf with 5000lbs in the boat. As we increase std ballast, we have to decrease std capacity left. So, if we made 4,000lbs ballast standard, then we would be left at 1,500lbs of capacity. That also reduces the number on the plate. Then if you get pulled over and have 10 people in the boat, you could be considered over capacity. Does that make sense?? That is why I am trying to educate everyone on how the entire displacement comes into play. If you only have a couple passengers, but you want 4,000lbs of total ballast, then you need to do something else because just changing the pitch or roll angle is NOT going to add the push you are looking for.