Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    Hey Goose
    Will the new software for the 19 moombas work on the 18 supra's? Will the new ballast sensors work on a 2018 SL?

thanks
    No. While the 2019 Moomba screen shares some of the 2018 Supra screen, the hardware in the boat is all different. You might could load the software on the screen, but the CAN network would not recognize many parts and the software would not work. Sorry about that.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

What about the ballast sensors?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Goose, I'll take that as a maybe...hahaha
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I wouldn’t want to risk it and brick your ECU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

So Basically the Moomba's are backwards compatible and the new software works for them and can get ballast sensors etc, but the guys that have to more expensive line of supra's are SOL for any new software, etc?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

So Basically the Moomba's are backwards compatible and the new software works for them and can get ballast sensors etc, but the guys that have to more expensive line of supra's are SOL for any new software, etc?
    There was far less of a technological jump from the '17-'18 Moombas, it was mainly bug fixes and the addition on predictive state for Autowake. If you could find a dealer that would help you (not many), you could also add the displacement sensor but it wouldn't be technically supported.

I'm not sure that there is a software release for the '19s that is backwards compatible but I could be wrong.

There was a huge jump between '18 & '19 Supras that would likely necessitate development costs that wouldn't be worth the value.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Goose

Could you post the latest firmware number that works on the 2017’s. I am fixing to take my boat in for service and would like to have it updated. Thanks

I asked my dealer about the ballast sensors and he checked with the factory who told them they were not upgradable on my 18 SL. This bums me out...because the one thing that really frustrates me about my boat is the ballast timers. Every time I go out I have to watch for the overflow and manually reset the ballast indicators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL

As soon as a manufacturer actually adds flow meters to their ballast system, they will patent it and corner that market. I don’t know why Moomba didn’t do this instead of just use a sensor that acknowledges that the bag is overflowing and is full.

With a flow meter on the fill/drain line, you could tell EXACTLY HOW MUCH BALLAST IS IN THE BAGS TO THE OUNCE!

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    As soon as a manufacturer actually adds flow meters to their ballast system, they will patent it and corner that market. I don’t know why Moomba didn’t do this instead of just use a sensor that acknowledges that the bag is overflowing and is full.

With a flow meter on the fill/drain line, you could tell EXACTLY HOW MUCH BALLAST IS IN THE BAGS TO THE OUNCE!

Well, it is not exactly that easy. We, and I am sure several others, have looked at the flow meters. While that could work, it doesn't take into account leaks at the bag. If you had a fitting loose or the bag drained, you could measure how much water you put in the bag, how much you took out of the bag, but you couldn't keep up with the water that didn't go through the ballast pump or hose....

Also, while it seems like we are only using a sensor that is working as the bag is overflowing, that is not the case. Some boats only have "flow sensors", but some boats have true ballast sensors that have an actual tube that is measuring the actual water level. I can't go into too much detail but I can tell you that most of it is patent protected and I would imagine someday soon you will see other manufacturers using it as well. And we will continue to use more of the sensor as we develop the proper software to go with all the information we have from the sensor. Right now it adds a lot of value because you don't have to worry about overfilling your bag, but I would say soon, we will have that extremely high accuracy that the industry has always lacked in terms of true ballast sensing that can also work with additional bags or plug and play systems. Like I have said before, the future has a lot of technology in it and I have a feeling you will see a lot of that first on the skiers choice products...
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager