Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Hey guys, brand new Moomba owner here. (2019 Mondo) I've got a quick question on the Autowake system: In the upper-left corner of the screen, there's a "surf" button which you press to switch the side of the wake that you want to surf on. This works great. There's also a physical switch called "Flow Surf" near the ignition which (I think) is used for the same purpose. However, when I use flip the physical switch left or right nothing happens. Again, the touchscreen button works fine but the physical switch doesn't really seem to do anything. Is there anything "special" I need to do for the switch to work? Just trying to figure out if mine is broken, or if I'm doing it wrong. Thanks,

Thanks for the info... Looks like you either have to Crew up or Weight up. Kinda wish my salesperson would of just told me that when I said it's mostly just the two of us on the water tho. Oh well

2019 mojo

Default AutoWake questions

Quote Originally Posted by Chaney44ETX View Post
    Thanks for the info... Looks like you either have to Crew up or Weight up. Kinda wish my salesperson would of just told me that when I said it's mostly just the two of us on the water tho. Oh well

2019 mojo
    Easy fix, buy lead.

Truth be told, moombas are very light out of the showroom and Supras are just barely heavy enough out of the showroom.

To get moombas to shine, bag upgrades and lead are needed especially if you run a small crew.

Supras have enough bag, but really shine with lead. My SA will throw a curl wave with a crew of 2, rider and 500# lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-03-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yep. The Moomba’s are big but light. That might sound great.....for fuel economy, but not for surfing. Lead and biggest bags and a bunch of hot chicks for extra weight and eye candy is the solution. Last option is often not an option.

2017 Moomba Craz

Got it! 800lb lead already ordered... Bag upgrade next

Any suggestions how to place the lead for best port surf until I upgrade rear bags? It's literally just me with my GF driving which is a whole nother thing.

2019 mojo
    ETX

Start with a bit more to the port side to counteract the driver. Maybe 100-150 more to port. At a point towards the rear. I have mine in FRONT of the rear bags.

2017 Moomba Craz

Default AutoWake questions

I just watched rag boys wave set up video, talk
    About perfect timing for newbs.

I don’t agree with 9 deg pitch, but what it tells me is 9 deg creates push for a big boy like Ragboy. I stay at 7.5-8 pitch and 3-4 deg roll goofy side.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-03-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hey all, I've been playing around today with Autowake on my Mondo and am a little confused on how it's supposed to work. I did some testing today with only me in the boat (and I'm a small guy, 145 pounds), and the lake was calm. With the Amp preset set to "100", I Turn on Autowake and wait. The front ballast filled to 100, and the left ballast filled to around 95. The right ballast, however, stayed at zero. I'm assuming it was attempting to balance out me sitting in the driver's seat, but I was pretty surprised that it didn't fill the right ballast at all.

Is that normal? The whole boat was noticeably leaning to the left, so I have hard time believing this is how it's supposed to work. Thanks for any help!

All depends on your pitch and roll

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    BigOrange,

I agree that finding a completely level spot and using a long bar level is a great idea. However, as an engineer, I am sure you are also familiar with design for manufacturability or design for feasibility. Unfortunately, I don't think many people have a completely flat spot where they can assure that the boat is actually level and there is not an easy way to level the actual boat if the boat is not level. I guess you could get a floor jack and try adjusting the trailer to make sure the boat is level, but that isn't very feasible. In our manufacturing plant, we put boats on dollies manually to move through the plant. Because of that, every boat is sitting slightly different on the dolly so the only place we can calibrate it is on the water. We think that is our most consistent place to calibrate it and that is why we do it that way. But the truth is if it is a windy day or if the tester is not paying extra close attention, his calibration can be slightly off. That is why I am recommending everyone check it. In addition to that, in the testing we have done, it actually takes a fairly large change in roll before you actually "feel" the difference in the wave. If the roll is .5 degree off from perfect, it is likely you wouldn't really feel or see the difference. Truth is wind, depth, chop and other variables would be worse than if the roll is not 100% perfect. Plus, the boat actually sees a LOT of movement as the boat runs through the water. We had to do special dampening to the "real" roll values so that the system is not jumping all over the place. Anyways, I probably went to far on all that. Your suggestion is a great one and if people can do that, then it would make the system even more accurate. But I think calibrating on the water when you know the boat really is level should work well for the majority of the users...
    This may sound like a weird question, but at what point is the inclinometer calibration taken off of? In other words, I installed some manual bubble inclinometers and based 0 degrees off the floor of the boat. I adjusted the pitch of the boat with the trailer jack until the floor was perfectly level and set my inclinometer to 0 based on that. But it was 2.5 degrees off from what autowake was telling me so I need to either recalibrate autowake or the pitch is taken off a different point other than the floor of the boat.

Just trying to figure out if autowake needs to be recalibrated or if my measurements are way off. I would really like to start utilizing autowake.

Thank you!
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max