Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Autowake settings

I played around with Autowake on my 2017 Mojo this past week. Results seemed hit and miss.

Anyone find settings different than factory default that work well?

I have Surf Max package with 250 lbs of lead under each bag.

Looking to upgrade rear bags, but am hesitant on the ENZOs for storage reasons.

I never use autowake for surfing. It wants to reduce ballast all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by kennc View Post
    I played around with Autowake on my 2017 Mojo this past week. Results seemed hit and miss.

Anyone find settings different than factory default that work well?

I have Surf Max package with 250 lbs of lead under each bag.

Looking to upgrade rear bags, but am hesitant on the ENZOs for storage reasons.
    This was with the pitch set a 8.5 roll -4.0 surf tab at 60 % the wake plate would vary from 50 to 90 % to keep pitch , speed was around 11.6 ,sitting still we sat at -1.8 with the roll after auto wake was achieved , boat set up was 1140 rears started at 100% center and 500 bow bag 100% 150 bag under bow cushion , 125 of lead under bow bag, 150 bag under port rear seat in front of rear bags and 100 in lead there as well and only a driver in the boat. One of the many variations we used, usually don't bother with using for surfing , but it can be done , just need to find the style of wave you like , get lots of weight , and adjust accordingly almost forgot , we had a factory rear 650 bag that was about 80% full on the floor as well auto wake wave.jpg
    Last edited by stevemarich; 08-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I'd be interested in other people's opinion. We just got our 2017 Mondo yesterday and when the salesperson was demoing the boat and showing us how to surf, he had to turn AutoWake off because the ballast kept dropping to 80%. Is there a way to use AutoWake for surfing or should I just shut it off like one of the earlier posters suggested?
    2017 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
    I'd be interested in other people's opinion. We just got our 2017 Mondo yesterday and when the salesperson was demoing the boat and showing us how to surf, he had to turn AutoWake off because the ballast kept dropping to 80%. Is there a way to use AutoWake for surfing or should I just shut it off like one of the earlier posters suggested?
    Sounds like your salesman needs to work more on dialing in a boat before he gives test rides 🤦🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

This was running auto wake at 9 pitch -4.5 roll and speed was around 11-11.4 , surf tab was around 55% with the 1140s in rear around 300 under port seat, and 5 total on boat , 1 in bow 1 driving 2 port seat and I was on the sun deck in the middle, ballast ended up around 80 surf side 100 starboard 100 center, as you can tell we were loaded pretty heavy to the port side, low plate setting and port bag not at 100, since it was small kid surfing we rolled with it and it was just great, if you don't want auto wake to empty ballast you need to put people where you want them before it starts to drain, any aid you can give it to help achieve what your set points helps a lot ,we had enough displacement that I wasn't to concerned, about the port side bag not being full , this was her 4 time surfing this year

https://youtu.be/dWjukESVa08
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    This was running auto wake at 9 pitch -4.5 roll and speed was around 11-11.4 , surf tab was around 55% with the 1140s in rear around 300 under port seat, and 5 total on boat , 1 in bow 1 driving 2 port seat and I was on the sun deck in the middle, ballast ended up around 80 surf side 100 starboard 100 center, as you can tell we were loaded pretty heavy to the port side, low plate setting and port bag not at 100, since it was small kid surfing we rolled with it and it was just great, if you don't want auto wake to empty ballast you need to put people where you want them before it starts to drain, any aid you can give it to help achieve what your set points helps a lot ,we had enough displacement that I wasn't to concerned, about the port side bag not being full , this was her 4 time surfing this year

https://youtu.be/dWjukESVa08
    Steve, I can't seem to open your youtube video, but based on the way you explained it, you seem to have the autowake settings about figured out. And sounds like you are having a great time with it. Well done sir!
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

ill try again for you, its a cool little video, and yes , we do play with several variations depending on how much crew or weight , or what we want out of the wave, but it definitely makes easier to go back to style of wave we like, or see where were at. this should do it

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=dWjukESVa08
    Last edited by stevemarich; 08-22-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    ill try again for you, its a cool little video, and yes , we do play with several variations depending on how much crew or weight , or what we want out of the wave, but it definitely makes easier to go back to style of wave we like, or see where were at. this should do it

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=dWjukESVa08
    Not sure what is going on, I couldn't open the second link, but I rechecked first link and this time it worked or at least started to work. I got to see about 1/2 of it but then it started buffering bad. Maybe I need to get my 10 year old son to teach me how to watch you tube videos properly. hahaha

What I did see looked awesome! How old is your daughter and where are you riding? Those trees in the background look so cool. Quite a bit different than the landscape and banks we have in TN. And she looks like she is having a blast. Honestly, about all I do anymore is teach kids and new people to ride. Watching them progress, ride ropeless for the first time, cut back and forth or try surface spins is so rewarding. Makes me love my job even more.

Anyways, glad the system is working good for you and you are definitely an advanced user as you have figured out how to fine tune your passengers, additional ballast, and settings to get it dialed in properly. Of course I am a little biased, but I really do think the new surfing technology is pretty cool stuff. Like you said, if nothing else, it really helps get repeatable results. And when you are trying to teach kids or new people, not having to worry about getting a surfable wave really makes the day more enjoyable! Have fun out there!
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Not sure what is going on, I couldn't open the second link, but I rechecked first link and this time it worked or at least started to work. I got to see about 1/2 of it but then it started buffering bad. Maybe I need to get my 10 year old son to teach me how to watch you tube videos properly. hahaha

What I did see looked awesome! How old is your daughter and where are you riding? Those trees in the background look so cool. Quite a bit different than the landscape and banks we have in TN. And she looks like she is having a blast. Honestly, about all I do anymore is teach kids and new people to ride. Watching them progress, ride ropeless for the first time, cut back and forth or try surface spins is so rewarding. Makes me love my job even more.

Anyways, glad the system is working good for you and you are definitely an advanced user as you have figured out how to fine tune your passengers, additional ballast, and settings to get it dialed in properly. Of course I am a little biased, but I really do think the new surfing technology is pretty cool stuff. Like you said, if nothing else, it really helps get repeatable results. And when you are trying to teach kids or new people, not having to worry about getting a surfable wave really makes the day more enjoyable! Have fun out there!
    She is 9 , this is her first year surfing , she had about a 6 min run, was pretty cool watching her use the most of the wave, we were riding in north west Montana, family has river front property there, we like to go there when it gets too windy on ponderay lake , definitely different than TN, but I thought TN landscape was pretty cool. and I don't post on you tube very much at all, was having trouble setting it up to share , the first link was private and the second should have been public, definitely enjoying it that is for sure
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds