Default Kenwood KCA-RC35MR Remote Stopped Working

Last weekend my transom mounted remote stopped working when I was lowering the volume a couple of clicks. It just stopped. My remote at the helm didn't work after that either. Checked fuses and connections at remotes and at the head unit and found no issues.

So this week I searched the forum here and some others and found that there are some folks out there that aren't having good luck with the longevity of these wired remotes. Had some time to look at it tonight and checked the basics again, and found that the remote at the helm appears to work fine. They both light up, except the very bottom button on the transom remote.

Decided to remove it and have a peak. Looks like this one isn't 'designed to meet the harsh marine environment'. There was water intrusion at some point which caused corrosion on the bottom half of the circuit board.

Is this common? Is there another remote option?
    2006 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by bsharer View Post
    I think I have 1 or 2 of those same remotes that I bought at the beginning of last summer. I planned on using them but sold the boat before I got them installed. If i can dig them out of the box are you interested in buying them...?

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

Just sent you a pm
    2006 XLV