Default Victoria Wakesurf skim

Does anyone out there have experience riding any of the Victoria skim boards? I am a fairly decent recreational rider, can easily ride without the rope on any wave and board that has enough push. But my new Victoria board is kicking my a$$!!!! It wants to ride sideways all the time and I can't get it to just cruise for anything. I have rode many skim boards with no issue, but this thing is almost like an ocean skim. The only review I've been able to find said if your wave is / then your board will want to go \ unless you really work it...if that makes sense. I finally got it to perform decent last night, but am wondering if I need a longer straighter wave to actually enjoy the board. Thanks guys and gals
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Skim waves are usually a lot flatter than waves for surf style boards, for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

What fin are you running. For a larger wake you may want to switch to a larger one. My daughters ride a Victoria board and love it-- won't ride anything else anymore.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't have that board but when you are riding a flat bottom skim that is what they want to do. Small fins make it even more difficult. You need to edge in toward the wave more. Toes down and edge into the wave. It may help to change your feet position for a bit and get them closer to the wave edge of the board getting your weight over some. Same with snow boards. If you aren't on an edge it is just going to spin and slide. As long as the board is the right size for you I am sure you will get it to work.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Thanks guys, I have a Phase 5 oogle that is a skim, we ride a broadcast, TC Custom and a few other skims. I am used to the skim ride, but I can ride all of them straight....this thing wants to ride left on a right wave and right on a left wave. Watching videos of folks on a Victoria, it seems to be a common theme.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Thanks guys, I have a Phase 5 oogle that is a skim, we ride a broadcast, TC Custom and a few other skims. I am used to the skim ride, but I can ride all of them straight....this thing wants to ride left on a right wave and right on a left wave. Watching videos of folks on a Victoria, it seems to be a common theme.
    that board is fun, but yes squirrely check the review at the SSF website
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

that board is fun, but yes squirrely check the review at the SSF website
    What is the website you speak of? I am not familiar with it. Thank you.... It is a different ride, that's for sure!!!
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    What is the website you speak of? I am not familiar with it. Thank you.... It is a different ride, that's for sure!!!
    http://southernsurfest.com

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold