Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2000 moomba kamberra set up

Hello everyone. I just bought my first wake boat, the kamberra. This boat is mint with 139 hours. The problem is it doesn't have a ballest system. I'm planning on getting manual pumps to fill ballest. What suggestions do you have for sizes and setup for surfing and wake boarding. I've found a few posts but I'm still unclear.

The Kamberra is more of a ski boat, hence the lack of a ballast system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I am not sure if its the same hull, but I have a 2000 mobius V. I run two 540 lb custom sacks from wake makers in the back and a 550 fat sack in the middle locker, and can surf just fine (with a nauticurl shaper). The shaper is a must in my opinion. I fill with manual pumps, 1 for rear two and one for front. Takes about 15 min max to fill all three. Each sack has a dedicated drain pump. I use a dual outlet cig adapter to fill and drain two at a time. I will eventually plumb it all in so I don't have the over-the-side pumps/hoses for drains.

The kamberra and the mobius v are supposed the same hull. I know it's set up for skiing but I'm trying to set it up for wake surfing and boarding. I'm sure it can b done just need input.

Send berg a PM. He has his dialed in.

https://forum.moomba.com/member.php?2896-bergermaister
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had a 2000 Kamberra last year and it was our first tow boat. Believe it or not, my kids we able to surf rope less without and any ballast. The wake was messy, but they were able to make it work. I then added a home made suck gate which cleaned up the wake and got them further away from the boat.

Both pics are of my son riding goofy. First pic no ballast or gate, second no ballast but with a gate.

In my opinion a suck gate would be my first purchase, then add ballast.

20160807-OMD059.JPG
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Awesome pictures

Did you buy a manufactured suck gate or make it. Was it at a 90 degree angle or less. Not sure what I should get and what angle

It was home made, but not by myself. I believe it was 90 deg. There are a lot of threads on the forum on how to build one yourself or if you want to purchase a home made one.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

PM'd you Jpickrell. As long as you don't have that walkway through the rear locker you can definitely make it work! Ballast plus suck gate and you'll have a surfing machine.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...