Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 LSV Carpet

Default 2007 LSV Carpet

We have a 2007 LSV and the boat is in good shape but the carpet is showing its age. Anyone have suggestions on how to replace the carpet with something more up to date? Pictures? Think this would be a good winter project for my son and me.
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sedlak View Post
    We have a 2007 LSV and the boat is in good shape but the carpet is showing its age. Anyone have suggestions on how to replace the carpet with something more up to date? Pictures? Think this would be a good winter project for my son and me.
    Hydroturf

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

Spaghetti mat. We peeled/scraped/cut the carpet out, cut the mat to fit and just throw it down (no snaps, etc). It's awesome and our only regret is not doing it sooner.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Was it a difficult process? Any tips?
    2007 LSV

hey gregski, how did you do the ski locker in the floor? And the two panels that cover the gas tank? I'd love to see pictures as well.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

here is a great thread to read. post #193 has some great pictures of hydroturf
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    hey gregski, how did you do the ski locker in the floor? And the two panels that cover the gas tank? I'd love to see pictures as well.
    I'll try to snap some pictures this evening. We didn't try to "wrap" individual pieces on the locker or the floor panels. The mat is like a giant area rug that we just throw on the floor. It stays in place pretty well, the long skinny piece that goes over the locker to the bow slides back a little sometimes but it's not problem. This way we can just lift it out, throw it on the driveway and hose it down when it needs some cleaning. When we access the locker we have to roll the mat back out of the way. The only place that we didn't really finish is under the helm. At the moment we still have the carpet there, we might cut another piece and just have 2 separate bits. But like I said, we are infinitely happier this way than with the original carpet. It did take a leap of faith though, it seemed so wrong to just hack the carpet out.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks, looks nice. Do you have any pictures of the ski locker and bow?
    2007 LSV

Sorry for the delay, It has been raining nearly every day. I finally had a moment with sunshine this weekend to take the cover off. Here are a few pics.

2007 Mobius LSV