Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turn RGB lights to white only?

So I hooked up all my Kicker led speakers with blue. We'll po po out here does not like you to have blue, even if you are moored or anchored.

So my question is can I make my speakers white? Without running more wires and without an led controller? I.e hook up red and blue together etc.? I only ran 2 wires for led as I didn't want rgb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I would get a copy of regulations and read it then keep it with you. They like to make stuff up to suit there power hunger

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennymabernathy View Post
    I would get a copy of regulations and read it then keep it with you. They like to make stuff up to suit there power hunger

I haven't got stopped but on another forum someone in a Magic deck boat got yelled at while parked to turn off his blue lights. I'll see if I can find it

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

They don't make that up. Colored lights on the water each have a specific purpose and dictated in each state almost exactly. Green and red are navigation lights and are restricted and using these color of LEDs after dark could easily be a collision especially green and that gives the other boater the right of way when visible. Blue can't be used as that is law enforcement, red is fire department. At dive rescue, we are allocated alternating yellow and red as well as the Coast Guard. During a water exercise or an event identification at night is by the color of their lights. Like I've said before, blue lights attract law enforcement if nothing more to see what other agency is on the water.
    Last edited by zabooda; 07-31-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

You will need 4 conductors and and an RGB controller to make white. No way to change the color of an LED.

Regs typically dont explain what is not legal but clearly state what is required. Any other color other than white seen aft or 360, can be a violation. So tower speaker LEDs other than white, can be considered a violation. This goes for under water LEDs as well as the lights seen strung around pontoons.

here is the page from instructions, best you can get is blue white

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    They don't make that up. Colored lights on the water each have a specific purpose and dictated in each state almost exactly. Green and red are navigation lights and are restricted and using these color of LEDs after dark could easily be a collision especially green and that gives the other boater the right of way when visible. Blue can't be used as that is law enforcement, red is fire department. At dive rescue, we are allocated alternating yellow and red as well as the Coast Guard. During a water exercise or an event identification at night is by the color of their lights. Like I've said before, blue lights attract law enforcement if nothing more to see what other agency is on the water.
    Yeah I can see while you are under way it would be illegal. I only want to use them when parked 🤷🏼*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You will need 4 conductors and and an RGB controller to make white. No way to change the color of an LED.

Regs typically dont explain what is not legal but clearly state what is required. Any other color other than white seen aft or 360, can be a violation. So tower speaker LEDs other than white, can be considered a violation. This goes for under water LEDs as well as the lights seen strung around pontoons.
    My next boat will be RGB controlled or all white.

Quote Originally Posted by deckwork View Post
    here is the page from instructions, best you can get is blue white

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I guess I can try a speaker and see what it looks like

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Wiring all three together is an ugly white. Ive seen some that even have a hint of the red showing. The controller controls the on time of all 3 to get a more true white.

Flashing blue lights are reserved for law enforcement and search and rescue services. As per local and state laws. Solid blue if not overpowering the navigation lights is by the word of the law technically legal. from the research i have done on it in the last 15 minutes it would appear that enforcement is subject to interpretation and falls in a legal grey area. I personally have blue lights in my cupholders (which reflect off of my tower brightly) and under my swim grid and have them on in crowded areas with police around often. Have never had an issue. it would appear that its not like that everywhere.

I found out just now that blue is the only color in the state of Washington that is specifically prohibited.

WAC 352-60-060

(1) The requirements in this section shall be complied with in all weathers. The requirements concerning lights shall be complied with from sunset to sunrise, and during such times no other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights as cannot be mistaken for lights specified by the United States Coast Guard, or do not impair their visibility or distinctive character, or interfere with the keeping of a proper look-out.
    Navigation lights and shapes.

(13) Law enforcement vessels - Inland waters.

(a) Law enforcement vessels may display a flashing blue light when engaged in direct law enforcement or public safety activities. This light must be located so that it does not interfere with the visibility of the vessel's navigation lights.

(b) The blue light described in this subsection may only be displayed by law enforcement vessels of the United States, Washington, and its political subdivisions. The use of blue lights by other vessels is prohibited.

(14) Public safety activities - Inland waters.

(a) Vessels engaged in government sanctioned public safety activities, and commercial vessels performing similar functions, may display an alternately flashing red and yellow light signal. This identification light signal must be located so that it does not interfere with the visibility of the vessel's navigation lights. The identification light signal may be used only as an identification signal and conveys no special privilege. Vessels using the identification light signal during public safety activities must abide by the rules found in WAC 352-60-060, 352-60-065, 352-60-066, and 352-60-070, and must not presume that the light or the exigency gives them precedence or right of way.

RCW 79A.60.120
    Tampering with vessel lights or signals—Exhibiting false lights or signals—Penalty.
    An operator or owner who endangers a vessel, or the persons on board the vessel, by showing, masking, extinguishing, altering, or removing any light or signal or by exhibiting any false light or signal, is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable as provided in RCW 9.92.030.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD