Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Great people on this forum (996Scott)

I have been a firefighter for 15 years and Medic for 20, one thing we have in the firehalls is camaraderie, this site is so similar...everyone helping solve problems and offering advice/help or comments ... I want to shout out a special thanks to 996Scott, who helped me out with a Speaker sock ... keep up the great team help here and I hope to help contribute some day as well... HAPPY MOOMBA BOATING EVERYONE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

You hit the nail on the head. We have lurkers here from many other brands as well because they can get so much useful info. Good community spirit around here. Hats off to all you dogs!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. We have lurkers here from many other brands as well because they can get so much useful info. Good community spirit around here. Hats off to all you dogs!
    Or the lurkers wish they had a moomba/Supra but they have to play the hand dealt.

2017 Supra SA

I have to agree. Nothing has really changed since I joined in 2002 except people come and people leave but the interactions are about the same. A few things that could improve the interfacing is for people to put their boat information and their general location where they live. So when someone talks about their boat problem or their weather it actually has some meaning.

Also, asking for help is not a one way street. Most of us who provide help would like to know what fixed the problem. At work, I use think tanks quite often and I can get to the solution quickly with a high probability of success but at a high cost. The forum is the same thing but for free with only the simple request to provide the forum feedback to complete the loop and put that information into our own personal database in case we need it ourselves. Each question asked and with the number of members providing support is at least $1,000 of support in the working world so keep that in mind.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Occasionally, you'll make a friend on here that will even help you dive down in 15' of water in search of your car keys that you lost when your wife hit reverse really hard & threw you into the water as you were jumping to the dock.

And then pull your boat out of the water with their truck, and drive you to meet another friend for the spare set of keys

(run on sentence over).
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Occasionally, you'll make a friend on here that will even help you dive down in 15' of water in search of your car keys that you lost when your wife hit reverse really hard & threw you into the water as you were jumping to the dock.

And then pull your boat out of the water with their truck, and drive you to meet another friend for the spare set of keys

(run on sentence over).
    That story would have been so much better if we found your keys!! Found some cool shit in the bottom of the lake and you now own some cool magnets.

It made the weekend memorable!!

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post

(run on sentence over).
    Have we heard this story before? Might need to bring this up this weekend with some cold beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Have we heard this story before? Might need to bring this up this weekend with some cold beverages.
    Hey Cody! Dare you to ask Jill about losing keys because she hit reverse and through Matt in the water!

2017 Supra SA

Oh man, my wife hates pulling up near the dock as is. If that happened, she'd say *&#* it and refuse to dock ever again! And then if I brought it up later, well, move over dog...

i have received sooooo much more help and info from this forum than i could ever dream of giving back. This really is a great forum with a lot of great people. Thanks to everyone!!!!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190