Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Boat Drivers -useless Rant

I feel ya! I'm very anal about my boat, I treat her better than my truck (granted it's a work truck). My wife gets pissed cause I spend so much time cleaning the boat, always getting the service work done. Fixing everything when it first happens or needs something, but it takes me forever to do my chores around the house LOL. I have to start getting better at that though haha

I basically have 4 rules.

No shoes on the boat, that includes swim step & trailer!!!!!!!!

No red liquid.

No sand on the boat. It's not that hard people!!

No sun flower seeds (it's a new rule from the wife, still finding shells everywhere haha)

I don't see the issue with walking on seats etc. I'm 300lb and step on my seats getting on/off front and back, getting boards off the racks etc. I haven't seen any stitching coming apart or anything (knock on wood). I have the transom walk through but I don't care if people walk on the sides. But I guess if I noticed stitching coming loose I'd probably put a stop to that real fast. Hopefully I don't keep her long enough for that anyways

As far as gas money, I don't charge people gas money to come with me. If you are on my boat you are my guest. Will I accept money? Depends, if it's just me and a couple people usually not. If I have max capacity and everyone throws in a $20 of course I'll take it. I guess I have really good friends though cause everyone always throws me money or buys the beers or food etc. I've never had to say "excuse me sir but boats don't drive on thank yous".

I always offer money on other people's boats. If they don't take it I always buy beer or make them let me buy them lunch or something.

I never take money from my wife's friends or buddies Gf's though. I mean if the girl to guy ratio is on point who cares 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

When the wife and I got out LSV back in 2011 we went out a lot just the two of us and the launch we used had not courtesy dock so she had to learn real quick how to drive the boat on and off the trailer. She has done it so much now she is probably better than me at it. She is a pretty excellent driver when it comes to pulling me but she is still learning how to adjust things like the wake plate and ballast on the fly. It doesn't help that we just went from an 08 LSV to a 17 Mojo so now she is having to relearn everything. She did just express interest in being more involved with the prep work of getting ready to go.

As far as guests on the boat, I get really annoyed with people who don't help so I really don't mind if it is just me, my wife, and Cody and Jo. I have a ton of fun with a small crew who is not clueless to the rules. I can't stand it when people step in our new boat with shoes on and then try to tell me "its ok, they are boat shoes". Or bring things like cheezeits or cheetos out. I may be cheap but I also expect gas money. I never ride on someone elses boat without tossing them $30 for gas for me or $50 if it is me and the wife.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

This is actually an awesome thread.
    You know one thing that has always bothered me but I've never really told anyone... trying to teach new riders who just can't get the hang of it. I learned to ski at a very young age so i've been able to do watersports for so long now that it's just intuitive to get up on any board/slalom/barefoot/etc. And i actually consider myself a pretty good teacher, but sometimes, there are people who just can't put the mechanics together to get up no matter how many times you drag them, circle around them, encourage them, shout tips at them, and repeat endlessly... but in my head i'm like "c'mon, it's just not that f'g hard!!!". followed by, "g-dammit, here we go around again!" lol
    Last edited by Pound; 07-27-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    2016 Craz

"OK, we'll meet you there." Nope. "Meet me at the gas station." Let them watch you pump the gas and pay for it. If they don't get the message then don't worry about it. You can always send them inside for drinks/ice/whatever. (I say that but I have collected less than $100 in gas money in the last 20 years.)

On board, give everybody a job. "Hey, this is kinda my living room-- can you make sure nobody steps on my nice clean seats?" "Hey, will you grab everyone's shoes when they get ready to board and stow them under your seat? Thanks!"

I taught my 16 y/o daughter to be the perfect driver for me. I would sit on the rear bench and watch her pull her brothers and sisters while I enjoyed a beverage. She got to college and joined a wakeboard club. Had instant popularity b/c she was a girl and a DRIVER! And she could back and launch as well. Then I taught her younger sister. Alas, she's off to college too. Now it's my 17 y/o twin boys. Both of them together can't make one of the girls as a driver though. My wife can drive in a pinch but still isn't very good at it. I say, "Thank you, that was great." every time though. It encourages her and she keeps getting better.

All I know is when I'm on the water I'm smiling. When I see a kid pop a new trick and they light up I light up too. Enjoy it while you can. We'll all be in rocking chairs on pontooners faster than you can say, "Who the F brought the Cheetos on my dam boat?"
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Reading some of these I have to say some of you would suck to boat with LMAO... Life's short, learn to have fun while you can! Also if I invite you why would I expect money for gas in return? Again I invited you not because I wanted gas money but obviously because I must enjoy your company! You guys all have better boats then I do but damn.
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Reading some of these I have to say some of you would suck to boat with LMAO... Life's short, learn to have fun while you can! Also if I invite you why would I expect money for gas in return? Again I invited you not because I wanted gas money but obviously because I must enjoy your company! You guys all have better boats then I do but damn.

Glad to see someone else feels exactly how I do about boating!! If I invite you, your my guest and I'll supply everything - of course bringing more beer than I brought is always appreciated.

Never had an issue with someone wearing shoes on or into the boat and I love Cheetos
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    If you ask a buddy if he wants to go golfing do you pay his green fees?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    This is actually an awesome thread.
    You know one thing that has always bothered me but I've never really told anyone... trying to teach new riders who just can't get the hang of it. I learned to ski at a very young age so i've been able to do watersports for so long now that it's just intuitive to get up on any board/slalom/barefoot/etc. And i actually consider myself a pretty good teacher, but sometimes, there are people who just can't put the mechanics together to get up no matter how many times you drag them, circle around them, encourage them, shout tips at them, and repeat endlessly... but in my head i'm like "c'mon, it's just not that f'g hard!!!". followed by, "g-dammit, here we go around again!" lol

OMG THIS! I just don't get it sometimes. A slalom ski I can see someone having issues with but a wakeboard requires literally like 0 effort. You don't even have to have a super tight grip!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Not if I owned the golf course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If it was my golf course - yes!
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)