I feel ya! I'm very anal about my boat, I treat her better than my truck (granted it's a work truck). My wife gets pissed cause I spend so much time cleaning the boat, always getting the service work done. Fixing everything when it first happens or needs something, but it takes me forever to do my chores around the house LOL. I have to start getting better at that though haha

I basically have 4 rules.

No shoes on the boat, that includes swim step & trailer!!!!!!!!

No red liquid.

No sand on the boat. It's not that hard people!!

No sun flower seeds (it's a new rule from the wife, still finding shells everywhere haha)

I don't see the issue with walking on seats etc. I'm 300lb and step on my seats getting on/off front and back, getting boards off the racks etc. I haven't seen any stitching coming apart or anything (knock on wood). I have the transom walk through but I don't care if people walk on the sides. But I guess if I noticed stitching coming loose I'd probably put a stop to that real fast. Hopefully I don't keep her long enough for that anyways

As far as gas money, I don't charge people gas money to come with me. If you are on my boat you are my guest. Will I accept money? Depends, if it's just me and a couple people usually not. If I have max capacity and everyone throws in a $20 of course I'll take it. I guess I have really good friends though cause everyone always throws me money or buys the beers or food etc. I've never had to say "excuse me sir but boats don't drive on thank yous".

I always offer money on other people's boats. If they don't take it I always buy beer or make them let me buy them lunch or something.

I never take money from my wife's friends or buddies Gf's though. I mean if the girl to guy ratio is on point who cares 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk