Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I have never asked, don't expect, and won't accept gas money. Having a few extra bodies in the boat does not cost any more than what I was going to spend anyway. This is just crazy. If I need the gas money I should not own a boat.
    My thoughts exactly!!! Maybe I should start charging my friends and family a fare anytime they ride in my vehicles too? This reminds me of a friend that invited me to his cookout and in return I showed up with a 30-pack of beer. At the end of the cookout he presented me with an itemized receipt for the burger I ate. I gave him the money, told him to keep the change, and that was the last time I spoke to him.
    2015 Mondo
    1997 Monterey 196 (gone but not forgotten)

What's with all the hate for tubing from the tower? Keeps the rope off the vinyl, unlike towing from the ski pole on the sun pad.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    What's with all the hate for tubing from the tower? Keeps the rope off the vinyl, unlike towing from the ski pole on the sun pad.

check your manual! it expressly states that it creates too much stress on the tower & mounting points to the boat.

Count me as one of the lucky ones as well. I have 4 different families that come out with my wife and my 2 kids. I know what beer they all drink and what the kids like to drink so I pack an adult cooler and a kids cooler. I buy the beer, the boat, the tubes, boards, etc, and the gas and never ever ask or expect money. They all know what I allow on the boat (sorry no Big Red, Hawaiian Punch, flaming hot Cheetos, things like that) and always respect the boat and the simple rules. I never have to police their kids, but have full authority to do so from the parents. They always help, load/unload the boat, wipe it down, put the cover on and then follow us 3 minutes to the enclosed storage unit to help guide it in. They always meet us at our house and follow us to the lake so they usually drop off a case or 2 of beer in the beer fridge in the garage. If I pull out of the storage unit and head to the gas station they often race over to put their credit card in the pump before I even get out of the truck. That or when we go out to eat after the lake the sneak over to the waitress and pick up my tab for dinner. One family goes with us almost every weekend and we were out on the lake last Saturday in the Mojo for a few hours before we pulled out and went to Slalom Shop to trade it in. When I told their boy what we were doing he looked over at his parents and said "Mom and Dad did you know we were getting a new boat today!" Good friends are hard to come by and if you find a few truly good friends in your lifetime then take good care of them. I love spending time with my family and my best friends families and watching the kids have a blast together. The fact that I can afford to do this and spend quality time together like this is truly a blessing from above!! Some day when my son and daughter are grown up and have families of their own I almost guarantee they will have a boat and pass this along to their kids.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by bluice311 View Post
    My thoughts exactly!!! Maybe I should start charging my friends and family a fare anytime they ride in my vehicles too? This reminds me of a friend that invited me to his cookout and in return I showed up with a 30-pack of beer. At the end of the cookout he presented me with an itemized receipt for the burger I ate. I gave him the money, told him to keep the change, and that was the last time I spoke to him.
    To be clear: "Free Ride Rob" (a real person) Is the type that never gets out of the water, never gets tired, and always wants you to take him. He will show up with nothing, use your rope, board, beer, eat your sandwiches and chips. I'm rolling down the road with a 50k truck and 60k boat. $110 grand worth of running gear that all needs to be fueled and maintained. I see no foul with pitching in for the good of the order.
    Furthermore, if I invite some friends/family out. It's a completely different situation. I DO NOT ACCEPT money from them. Nor do i with my neighbors as one day its my boat, the next day its theirs.

The Tube: This is definitely the "everyone gets a trophy" device. All the kids love it and it's great for when you have a lot of people on the boat so everyone gets a chance to have fun instead of turning around for the ride that still hasnt gotten up on attempt #214. Im still not a huge fan of it, but..Whatever.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Good to know, thanks! It's hard to believe that would cause any more stress than the 200+ lb. Wakeboarders that lay down heavy cuts behind my boat though. I know I've heard some definite stress noises when a rider racks out hard and refuses to let go of their death grip, but can't say I've heard anything like that from tubing. Mind you, we don't tube very wildly with the youngsters I pull. We only recently started tubing from the tower because I noticed a small tear in my vinyl where the rope rubs.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Maybe 1-2 small kids that you're pulling at 12mph in a straight line aren't going to pull that hard on the tower, but put 2-3 tubes back there, each with 2-3 adults and start whipping them around at 24mph and you may just pull the tower off. That might be in the manual for the extreme, but ya never know.

The drag from even a 1 person tube is much greater than you'd ever think, now add weight and it's even worse, multiply that by the ones that hold multiple people. I'm not opposed to tubing at all, just not from your tower
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Got it! I'd rather have some ripped vinyl than a tower at the bottom of the lake. Haha. Thanks fellas. Much appreciated.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Here's what I hate about other lake drivers:
    1) Don't go across the bow of a boat that's trying to pull up a skier/boarder, go behind the boat! this one really gets me pissed
    2) I'm on a large lake and it pisses me off when a 50ft boat goes flying by you about 20ft to your port or starboard, thanks @sshole
    3) Please don't tube in a small cove, there's a whole friggin lake for the tubes, leave the good coves/water for boarders
    4) at the ramp, get your boat out and take care of unloading in the parking lot, NOT ON THE RAMP!!
    5) If you see boats anchored don't go through the area kicking up a bunch of wakes.

I never expect anybody to pay me when I invite them, I'm going whether they are or not.

I don't understand about walking on the seats? How do you get in and out if you don't walk on the seats? And kids are in and out all the time LOL

There's a few people with really large boats that have no regard for other boats. The wakes from some of those yachts are ridiculous but they don't seem to care. Anyway, I don't get to stressed out on the lake, I love pulling new riders and teaching them how to get up because my back can't handle the wakedboarding and skiing anymore. I'm that old guy now

PS: thanks to all you guys for all the help you provide in the forum, there is a wealth of information here
    2015 Mojo Surf