Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Only 2 people I have never been able to get up on a wakeboard. Both D1 athletes LOL. We've taught 14 people over the last 3 summers.
    Ha, one of the two people we have failed to get up is also one of the most generally athletic people I know, or at least he plays a lot of sports.

I am not too tight to buy gas, but you are on the boat and i am pulling you around burning gas for you then i expect some compensation. It seems to be the norm where I am from, pitching in gas money is just what you do.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

When the wife doesn't want to pull me I set up my wave, get it to speed, grab my board, and start off the swim deck. Doesn't give her much choice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Jake

These posts are great!! I would to see one started on what irritates people about other boaters, mine is watching people with high $$ wake boats pull tubes while doing S curves, absolutely drives me nuts!!!! On the rules for the boat, gas money and the such, I guess I'm fairly lucky in the fact that %80 of the time my boat leaves our lift, we are riding...so most of the people that come out are riders and either have boats, owned boats, or been around them for years, and just about every single one of them I trust driving my boat as I don't like to drive all the time. They also pitch in gas money, beer, help wipe it down and cover it as they know what it takes. We are lucky we get to gripe about our boats while others look on and consider us fairly privileged....as some has said on here a few times, relax, have fun, smile! But if someone is down right disrespectful or they just don't have a clue...crack that whip!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

The fourth time the beautiful new mastercraft circled me with his tube in 3 minutes last weekend, in the ballast area on a ballast restricted river, while I was surfing, I started throwing my arms up. He's 50' away and doesn't even acknowledge seeing me, thankfully one of the kids on his boat makes sure to get his attention. I threw some air circles like I had a lasso in my hand and gave him the universal WTF signal. He left the area lol! Ffs, how come no one has figured out how to package and sell clues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beat taco; 07-28-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    These posts are great!! I would to see one started on what irritates people about other boaters, mine is watching people with high $$ wake boats pull tubes while doing S curves, absolutely drives me nuts!!!!
    I used the feel the same, it all changed when I had a kiddo that was on the tube having an absolute blast. Drives me crazy pulling the tube, but certainly worth it.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I used the feel the same, it all changed when I had a kiddo that was on the tube having an absolute blast. Drives me crazy pulling the tube, but certainly worth it.
    This. We don't tube currently but I know it is only a matter of time before Nolan wants to get on one and ride so I take it easy on people pulling tubes. It especially doesn't bother me in an open body where the water is crap anyways.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Completely agree.....enjoy the moments of fun with your kids!! My kids went through the same phase where tubing is all they wanted to do (especially when their friends were around) but as they grew older (now 19 and 21) they don't like tubing nearly as much and are back into wakeboarding and surfing. For the first time since I can remember we are almost to Aug and still have not inflated the tubes!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    We are lucky we get to gripe about our boats while others look on and consider us fairly privileged....as some has said on here a few times, relax, have fun, smile!
    This thread has been a whole lot of fun to read...from the insight of other's thoughts, to the venting and griping (I'm guilty of being a 'lil OCD and anal myself). I have to remind myself these are #FirstWorldProblems and we are all very blessed.

Knox, thanks for keeping me grounded!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Sorry, I should have clarified, I don't mind people tubing, it's the people that do it from their towers and have no concept of sharing the lake with others..... I'm all about family fun on the water
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default Boat Drivers -useless Rant

I would pull the tube all day. It's peaceful in the boat and the kids are having fun!

This was a fun one ripping up some smooth water. All smiles. Then panic. Then yard sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 07-28-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    2017 Supra SA