Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Oooh the ramp! I was in a pinch yesterday and had to pull the boat out by myself with the help of my 2.5 yo daughter. A crew of d bag 20 somethings had their boat on the trailer pulled up in front of one of the ramps, pouring gas in it, tying their f#$@ing fishing line, and just generally dilly dallying. In the I'm they spent on sitting in front of the ramp. I pulled my boat onto the courtesy dock, found my truck, backed the trailer in, walked way back over to the courtesy dock, loaded on the trailer, pulled out, strapped and pulled the plug. All while juggling a 2.5 year old. And these dummys just finally started backing their boat in when I was pulling out of the parking lot. I had bite my tongue for fear of confrontation with my daughter there, but come on, how clueless can people be.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I pulled kids on the tower for 15 years with no problem. Adults a different story.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    So... you want to have fun. You want to enjoy life. You like water and so does your family. You proceed to go out and spend a TON of money to buy a boat. It is then when it really hits you. All of the People that you know and ride in a Car with in life are completely clueless as how to A. Operate a boat, and B. Tow a rider (namely you, because after all YOU want to enjoy your own boat.)

I always take the time to ensure, when someone takes the helm I let them drive it first and go through the motions. But it seems that no one seems to pay attention to anything I say. They pull you in a arch when you are trying to wakeboard. They make right turns when you are surfing on the left side of the boat. NO ONE and figure out the cruise control even though it is set and forget it. The feel that must floor it to get back to you, or not and spoon the bow, and let's not even talk about the wake plate, a wife that goes into lala land and doesn't pay attention to shit, or running my damn boat on the rocks.

That working in Concert with friends that bring starving kids on your boat that eat chips and make a complete mess , jump on everything like its a trampoline, yell and scream while you are trying to concentrate and keep everyone alive. Did I mention "Free Ride Rob" that thinks that boat runs on good will instead of gas, and everyone saying "buy", "thank you" while you have at the very least another 20 minutes of cleaning and stowing?

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy my friends, I love their kids, and I cant take this boat with me when I die. It will be dinged, it will be messy, and scratched.
    But sometimes it is so damn frustrating to have fun.

How do you handle it? what do you do?
    Damn I wish there was LIKE button! And that is why god invented beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Look, i love having a nice boat just like the rest of us. But some people have to stop being so uptight. Its just a boat. Enjoy, have fun, don't charge for gas.
    2019 Mondo

Default Boat Drivers -useless Rant

Would never even consider asking for gas $. I think BYOB is understood by most. It’s not like these boats use $100 of gas in a 4-6 hour day.

I do the towing and certainly can’t expect a newb to know what to do without being intimidated by a wakeboat and all you need to watch for (wake, settings, rider, P turn, crossing wake, water depth, other water craft etc)

Nor am I going to trust a newb driving my boat, the “you rag you pay” rule goes bye bye with the mortgage money these boats cost.

My guests are invited, chose your guests wisely. Haven’t had a rude guest yet. That is how you have fun.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Would never even consider asking for gas $. I think BYOB is understood by most. It’s not like these boats use $100 of gas in a 4-6 hour day.

I do the towing and certainly can’t expect a newb to know what to do without being intimidated by a wakeboat and all you need to watch for (wake, settings, rider, P turn, crossing wake, water depth, other water craft etc)

Nor am I going to trust a newb driving my boat, the “you rag you pay” rule goes bye bye with the mortgage money these boats cost.

My guests are invited, chose your guests wisely. Haven’t had a rude guest yet. That is how you have fun.

Great info there. +1 on choosing your guest wisely....I look at every day trip as an interview for the house-boating trip. Spending a day on the boat is one thing....a week in close quarters on a house boat is another. An ounce of crazy, your out!

I pack everything for my guests, from lunch, to snacks, to beverages (both adult and kids)...that way I can control what comes onto my boat. Thing is, all of my friends just think I'm one heck of a guy doing all that...really its just a control thing on my end
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I pack everything for my guests, from lunch, to snacks, to beverages (both adult and kids)...that way I can control what comes onto my boat. Thing is, all of my friends just think I'm one heck of a guy doing all that...really its just a control thing on my end
    The best way my friend, kudos.

My take is the boat is no different than my home, if I invite you, it’s on me.

My only unknown is what everyone likes to drink, I have a few flavors of beer, and certainly understand when people BYOB to the party.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan