Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New stereo brand on market?

One of my buddy's has the newest MC model boat just released.. Had to sign disclosure waivers etc just to get the info and order the boat etc.. He has the first one in Canada, funny though breaking it in down in Sandpoint Idaho.. Anyways. Since MC Had an exclusive deal with JL audio for years.. That's no more.. His boat and all future boats get Klipsch. Marine audio.. I had no idea Klipsch had marine stuff.. Must be new... Mind you I honestly have not really been following up too much on latest and greatest products. I love Klipsch as most of my home stuff is this brand.. His stereo, although a tad Bright. Maybe needs a little fine tuning. But clarity was outstanding.. I think there's a new player in the market.. Btw another buddy had a 2016. MC with his JL stereo right beside as a few of us all compared the two.. Both nice... Always good to have options I guess. Btw his boat is the new XT 22 crossover boat.. Still getting broken in but from what he has seen so far it's gonna be a surf and do all monster.
    07 Outback DD

This has been better than a year in the works, the move from JL to Klipsch. Yes, this is their first splash into the marine market, but dont look for them on your local marine audio shelves anytime soon. Seem this will be a 5 year deal with MC at least.

knowing klipsch horns in the home audio market, I would think they have some potential to build a pretty decent hlcd but with exile, jl, kicker and ws already in the game, it'll be an uphill battle for marketshare.

auditioned their home audio stuff several times when I've been in the market. build some great mid-end subs but their fronts have always been on the bright side for me. prefer a non horn driver for most of my audio. feels like they kind of de-valued their lower end lines by the constant best buy sales.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Klipsch is known for their horns, going back to their PA and Sound equipment. I have Klipsch reference series 7.1 surround sound system in my theater room and it takes a JL Fathom to balance out the highs from the Klipsch horns in the front tower speakers.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    knowing klipsch horns in the home audio market, I would think they have some potential to build a pretty decent hlcd but with exile, jl, kicker and ws already in the game, it'll be an uphill battle for marketshare.

auditioned their home audio stuff several times when I've been in the market. build some great mid-end subs but their fronts have always been on the bright side for me. prefer a non horn driver for most of my audio. feels like they kind of de-valued their lower end lines by the constant best buy sales.
    So many mid-Fi lines have struggled through the decline of home 2-channel and the simultaneous decline in the music industry. Most of the survivors changed their products to cater to the chain stores, and, have moved more towards a home theater product consisting of smaller drivers in slender cabinets with a smaller footprint (something that is more aesthetically acceptable to everyone). Most of these pseudo HiFi/home theater products are voiced for soundtracks but aren't that impressive for pure music reproduction. And that would include a description of the more contemporary Klipsch products. As for the Klipsch heritage products, 5 basic horn models, those have remained pretty much the same as post WWII speakers where amplifier wattage was minimal and high sensitivity took precedence over all else.

As for name recognition, keep in mind that many of the brands that we view as popular in a small wake community, and an even smaller wake forum community, are not recognized brands by the masses. Where as names like JBL and Klipsch have significant mindshare across a much, much broader spectrum. The moment Klipsch enters the marine audio market they instantly rise in pecking order. Followed by Kicker and JL Audio who have had success in a car audio market for decades that is infinitely larger than the boating market. Plus, JL Audio occupies mindshare in the home subwoofer market. Then you have Wetsounds to complete the top four slots. It's tough sailing if you are not in the top brand 1, 2, or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    So many mid-Fi lines have struggled through the decline of home 2-channel and the simultaneous decline in the music industry. Most of the survivors changed their products to cater to the chain stores, and, have moved more towards a home theater product consisting of smaller drivers in slender cabinets with a smaller footprint (something that is more aesthetically acceptable to everyone). Most of these pseudo HiFi/home theater products are voiced for soundtracks but aren't that impressive for pure music reproduction. And that would include a description of the more contemporary Klipsch products. As for the Klipsch heritage products, 5 basic horn models, those have remained pretty much the same as post WWII speakers where amplifier wattage was minimal and high sensitivity took precedence over all else.
    I haven't a clue what you just said here
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I haven't a clue what you just said here
    No worries. By tomorrow it may not make sense to me either.

I got it. I have polk speakers and compared to my old mans monitor 10b's that were extremely musical, mine seem to be more geared toward reproducing the latest batman movie than a queen album. used to have a pair of polk rti2000's and although they sounded a tad better than what I have now, even they were still more theater speakers from the late 90's. klipsch is the same way. along with jbl and infinity.

I do remember working at circuit city for a time and selling DCM speakers. man could they belt out some music tho when driven with the HK preamp/amp we sold.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I got it. I have polk speakers and compared to my old mans monitor 10b's that were extremely musical, mine seem to be more geared toward reproducing the latest batman movie than a queen album. used to have a pair of polk rti2000's and although they sounded a tad better than what I have now, even they were still more theater speakers from the late 90's. klipsch is the same way. along with jbl and infinity.

I do remember working at circuit city for a time and selling DCM speakers. man could they belt out some music tho when driven with the HK preamp/amp we sold.
    On a bit of a tangent....never been a fan of most of the home audio horn speakers and their typical sonic signature....some of it being exceptional but some of it being hard for me to tolerate for long. Until I heard some recent higher end JBLs. So good in fact that I was looking around for the DSP but there wasn't any. All passive. If you ever get the opportunity to hear the JBL 1400 Array or the JBL K2S9900, go out of your way to do so. Incredible!