Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2016 Mojo - Surf edition - Ballast - Weight in each bag? Help...

Would like to upgrade 2016 Moomba Mojo - Surf Edition - advertised at 2500 lbs. ballast. How/where is the weight distributed? i.e.What is the weight of the bags in the rear lockers and bow bag? How does that add up to 2500 lbs? When you consider upgrading (adding) ballast do you have to consider that additional ballast to stay within the overall Capacity-Weight of 2,500 lbs. per the owners manual specs? Thanks

I believe you should be at the following assuming no ballast changes from factory:

Rear lockers: 650 lbs each side.
    Center tank: 700 lbs.
    IBS: 500 lbs
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Arrow Follow Up

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I believe you should be at the following assuming no ballast changes from factory:

Rear lockers: 650 lbs each side.
    Center tank: 700 lbs.
    That makes sense, thank you. So to follow up, do I need to consider any additional ballast that I may add, over the Capacity-Ballast(optional)of 2,500 lbs as part of the Capacity-Weight of 2500 lbs per the owners manual Mojo Specifications (pg.19)?

Capacity plate haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Resetar- Mojo View Post
    That makes sense, thank you. So to follow up, do I need to consider any additional ballast that I may add, over the Capacity-Ballast(optional)of 2,500 lbs as part of the Capacity-Weight of 2500 lbs per the owners manual Mojo Specifications (pg.19)?
    Do some searching and you will quickly find that hardly any one is leaving their mojo at stock ballast. My mojo pro came with 900 lb bags in the rear lockers (surf max package- 3000 lbs) and I upgraded those to the Enzo bags (1450 lbs) before ever even bothering to try to surf the factory package.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

If you are trying to stay within the capacity plate specifications you will be sadly disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Do some searching and you will quickly find that hardly any one is leaving their mojo at stock ballast. My mojo pro came with 900 lb bags in the rear lockers (surf max package- 3000 lbs) and I upgraded those to the Enzo bags (1450 lbs) before ever even bothering to try to surf the factory package.
    You have a picture of your surf wave with the 1450's? And with them in the lockers... assuming they take up all storage.

We have a "16 Mojo.
    Rear Lockers upgraded to 950 lbs.
    IBS is 1200 lbs.
    There is no center tank.

I would recommend the upgraded locker bags.
    Jeff
    '16 Mojo

There is a Center tank: 700 lbs.
    Jeff
    '16 Mojo

Thanks to Cody and Jeff for the info... You are right. I should have read a little further before I posted. All good and its time to upgrade!