Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't know if you guys need a better driver or some surf lessons or more beer. Try all 3 and let us know how you do! At least you are having fun out on the water, right?

Edit: Oh yeah, shorten your surf rope and quit coiling it up in your hand before you drown someone.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you guys need a better driver or some surf lessons
    Can you elaborate? Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Since you asked for pointers I will throw some out there. Please don't be offended just trying to help. There are a few things that could be changed. It looks like you all have the get up, which is great, but not the wake to make anything happen.

The rope needs to go on the top pylon on the cage. It will make getting up much easier as you are pulled up and forward instead of just forward.

Shorten the rope as stated. It is really dangerous having a long rope as it can get tangled around body parts (I have seen it happen). Use a surf rope that is thick with a small handle.

There isn't much wake there that I can see. You need to adjust what you have and from the looks you need to get bigger ballast all around. The stock ballast isn't enough to do anything with as far as surfing which I know is hard to believe. Add a bunch of people and move them around the boat to test this. Be sure to put a few people in the bow also to elongate the wave. Make sure the surf side has more weight than the non surf side.

It looks like you guys are working really hard just to get the rope to go limp. There isn't much push there. You should just be able to stand there on the board and have the wave push you with no rope, that is the goal.

Are you running a gate of any kind or have a surf trim system? You must with the Mojo Surf. You need to adjust the boat to create a bigger wave but also need the ballast as well. You could for now add a Suck Gate to your system which is cheap and will help with any boat. Fill the boat with fuel also to add weight.

Make adjustments to the boat without a server behind it. Try a ton of different things and see what works. Throw a surfer in and see how it goes.

Speed should be between 10-12 MPH. Turn the boat in a very large circle toward the surf side. Get weight on the surf side if needed.

Some peeps with that boat should be able to chime in and give you some more detailed pointers for that exact model but what is stated above goes with about any boat out there.

Keep at it, adjust the boat and you will have a blast! It takes time and patience to dial it in. You may even find someone on your lake that may be able to help dial it in.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Great advice above. ↑ I was being critical and funny, not helpful cuz it was late last night. That board looks pretty darn good. You just have to dial in that wake with ballast, speed, gate, etc. as mentioned. Please share your vids as you go and we will give much better pointers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Driftsun Throwdown

Your surf rope is waaaaaay too long. Take a couple of sections out of it so you aren't pulling yourself into the wave like your retrieving water from a well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I went back and was listening to what the people on the boat were saying. The girl has some good observations. One of the things she said is [if it doesn't have enough push for me it doesn't have enough for you]. She is dead on. That is the first thing to fix.

Also she said to [stop letting go of the rope because you aren't getting it again]. Dead on again. Everyone wants to let go of the rope and go wireless their first time up. That is where the patience comes in. You need it so the rope is limp for a bunch of seconds maybe 5-10 up closer to the boat before you even think of letting go. Until then if you don't have the push and the balance you are going to fall within seconds. It is best (but not as fun) to hold the rope and get the feel for it. That way you aren't wasting time circling back and picking someone up constantly. It is all about time on the board. That will advance you quicker than just about anything.

Also it is easier to drop or throw the rope to the OTHER side of the wake when learning. When you threw the rope you lost all balance. That happens to everyone at first. Throw it over to the side and let someone pull it in right away.

I gotta hand it to you though, you took the initiative to get a great boat, threw yourself into it and started working on it. Just spend some hours getting it dialed in first then the learning will be much easier.
    Last edited by 5:00; 08-02-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Wow, been a couple of days since I've been here. REALLY, REALLY appreciate all the advice. This is the first Wake Boat I've owned so it's definitely a learning process.

Next year I'll probably upgrade to 1100lb bags but right now I just have the 650's in the rear and then a 550 lb bag that I've been putting in the back on the surf side. We have been using a suck gate and it seens to work the best all the way to the back. We had 2 guys, I'm 200lbs, my son-n-law is 230lbs. The 2 girls are 120 a pop. We put both the girls in the front but apparently that's not near enough weight. All the ballast were full - 650 rears, 1200 IBS and bow ballast. As I understand, the Mojo Surf has a total of 2500lbs.

You're right, the people that weigh 150 or over don't feel any push, those under that weight can drop the rope no problem. The wake you saw was the best we've been able to produce so far. I'm glad to hear that the wake should push us, a little disappointed that I haven't been able to produce that wake yet.

Thanks for the reply's hopefully with some help I can get it dialed in.
    2015 Mojo Surf

You WILL get it. Keeping in mind that you aren't upgrading bags yet, here are some things to try. You would probably be best off putting everyone in the rear that you can and on the surf side for the most part. The front weight mainly elongates the wave. The girls at 240 lbs together will make a difference in the back. You can have a taller wave that way with more push but you will ride closer to the boat. You have a good bit of weight to make up for so just move people around the back. It sounds like you have the right ideas though.

At this point I would also play around with the trim tabs and see what is best before putting a surfer on the wave. Put everyone in their positions, full bags, full fuel tank and play with the tabs AND adjust your speed also. Bring speed up and down by .5 MPH or even less. You will be surprised how even a small speed adjustment will make a big difference. Normal (port side) surfers get the best wave so you have that going for you to start with.

I would have one of the girls drive if everyone is comfortable with that. That will get a bigger person on the surf side rear and smaller on the non surf side. When you move a person you are actually doubling the weight change. If a person is on one side and weighs 200lbs and you move them to the other side you have effectively made a 400lb change to the side if that makes sense. You may even want to consider getting some steel shot in the mean time that you can put under the rear seat. Even with all of the weight I have I got some for the bow but haven't tried it yet.

With the weight changes make sure the SuckG8 is still slightly under water when not moving and as far back as possible on the non surf side. Sometimes adjusting that can make a difference also.

Also look around this site for others setting up their Mojo also. Block out an hour on the boat this weekend right at the beginning to try some changes. It seems like a waste but it will pay off quickly.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Are you running manual flow or auto flow? If manual, use the middle position, def have to add weight to the rear and a slight list to the surf side. I have mine dialed in for a great wave every time out. I run #1100 rears and at least 600 pounds or ballast and/or people to the surf side. Speed at 10.6 with the wake plate all the way up then a couple taps down to clean it up. If you haven't used a GPS to test your speed, you should do that as well.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks for all the tips. I am going out tomorrow but it's just the wife and I. I'm going to try some different things and post up some video. I have 2-500lb bags, should I put both of those on the back seat? Or maybe one on the back surf side and 1 on the side rear surf side? One on the front?
    2015 Mojo Surf