Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why have 2 forums – Supra and Moomba

I would be curious to know from SC or the Admins, why they still have 2 forums – Supra and Moomba?

I understand brand identity and how thing were setup once-upon-a-time, but:
    * Most of the new Supra Boat owners are posting and monitoring the Moomba site
    * The Supra site does not get many new posts. They do not even have a monthly picture thread anymore. Most of that audience are the boater fixing-up-crowd with older boats - 80s. 90s, etc. I think that is important to have, but do not understand to have a forum just for that audience called Supra.
    * New Supra owners are thinking they can get an answer on the Supra site by posting questions, but they do not get responses and are directed over here. Some of the SC company people direct them over here. Ha Ha.
    * There are many topics that are boat neutral – audio, lights, upgrades, general boating questions, announcements like Wake the World or Group Outings/Jams/Reunions, etc.
    * Other companies, like BU, just have 1 site.

I read both, but with takeoff of the Supra and Moomba Owners Facebook Page, most of the 3K readers are on that social media platform. Which is easy to use and easy to post pics. For me, I’m not a big Facebook fan (overall). Probably sent me over the edge with all the political crap in the last year . . . and it still continues. It's already getting old looking at everyone’s surf wake pics and ballast questions. Not really a a good method for posting, saving, or searching on HOW-TO topics. Topics that are good to be saved.

What do you think?

It's been this way for a long time. Lotsa guys move up from Moomba to Supra but have roots and a comfort zone over here too. The Moomba site is the de facto SC site.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I like the format as it is. I have very little to contribute on any of the newer boats so I enjoy the pics. Years ago, my 98 was just considered a boat with a roll bar and I got great information early on. Facebook doesn't meet my requirements for security so that format is out in my opinion. The topic areas has changed in the past and that could be considered. It's very important to put your boat information in your signature so viewers know what platform you're talking about.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

There's a Supra site? who knew? lol
    2016 Craz

It should be combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I only owned a Supra and quickly found a wealth of info here. No wood in my boat so not much use for stringer repair threads. Not to hate though my roots are planted deep in old inboards, I use to look at some of the project threads over there. Just not much stereo and ballast info lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    -Jake

my first was a supra(actually never owned a moomba) and found that even back in '07 all the supra threads were about rebuilding the 90's boats. found the moomba forums and never looked back. I think I have looked at the supra forum once in the last 2 or 3 years.
    can appreciate the fact that the supra forums are still active with the older repair threads but agree that most are over here.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It's been this way for a long time. Lotsa guys move up from Moomba to Supra but have roots and a comfort zone over here too. The Moomba site is the de facto SC site.
    And lots of guys have moved up from a Supra to a Moomba!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    And lots of guys have moved up from a Supra to a Moomba!
    My previous boat was a Supra. (2002 Launch SL)
    So I moved up to a moomba.
    2016 Craz

I actually had 3 Supras before upgrading to a Moomba.

1983 Supra Beast
    1990 Supra SunSport
    1997 Supra SunSport

If my finances allow it at some point in the future returning to my roots with a new Supra sounds like a good plan.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow