Exclamation Battery not charging 2008 lsv

Hello, I have a 2008 moomba möbius lsv. I am having a problem with batteries being charged off of my altinater. I have just replace the altinater and am still not receiving a charge. I can run a separate wire to my battery and get a charge. I was out on the water and my dashboard started beeping and flickering like their is a bad connection or a switch was going out then it just died. I have checked all the fuzes under the dash board and they are all good. Does any one know where the altinater power wires run along the boat or have any other advice on what I should do. I can make it work with a separate wire I just want to fix the problem before it gets worse.

Thanks
    Taylor

Default Battery not charging 2008 lsv

Sounds you have a bad and/or corroded connection somewhere based on your observations. Maybe at the alternator itself or at the battery terminals. Check both connections on positive and negative side.
    Also check the battery switch to see if the contacts are corroded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

The altinater it self is brand new. I have checked all of my connections and they are all tight. And I can make everything work with a separate wire running to the battery and altinater. Do you know where the altinater wires run. I have been trying to follow them but it's rapped with the harness. Is their a connector somewhere under the floor?

You probably have to take up the 2 floor panels over the gas tank to trace it out if that's what you think you need to do. I think the screws are in at least the four corners of each panel. Have to dig around in the carpet to find them. Might be a good time to replace the carpet while you are at it. There should be pictures of how the floor comes out in the hydroturf and miner's moss threads.

Newty's carpet replacement post on wakeworld has some good pics of what you will find:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The alternator supply likely runs right to the starter's main post. May be a fuse right there for it as well. Time to break out the volt meter and make some voltage checks.

Just had the floor out in my XLV, you can see the thick red wire, which goes straight from the battery switch to the alternator. There is also a thick black wire in there for the ground. Have you already checked all the grounds too?
    2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW

Check the switch!!!!

2017 Moomba Craz

Still have not found a solution. I have traced the red wire from the altinater leading into my battery switch. The line is dead when the motor is running. My wire at my altinater is orange. And the wire at my switch is red. Is their some kind of connection somewhere. Thanks for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The alternator supply likely runs right to the starter's main post. May be a fuse right there for it as well. Time to break out the volt meter and make some voltage checks.
    Still my gut feeling. Have you used a volt/ohm in continuity mode to find the other end of the wire? Is there voltage on the alternator supply post with the engine off?

Default Battery not charging 2008 lsv

You have a bad connection from the alternator to the need to check the Voltage at every point along the way to the battery to find the interruption. Is there voltage on the main wire as it enters the perko switch?

Last edited by Stazi; 07-29-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz