Thread: phase 5 model X

Default phase 5 model X

I have a Phase 5 Model X but it is almost to stable for me, I cant seem to get it to break loose. I am a big guy (6ft 260lbs) and can go rope less behind my stock helix but when I try to do spins the fins just grab. I have tried to remove the center fin and that seemed to help it loosen the board up a bit. Any ideas on fins to try? or can anyone else spin a stock model X because it could 100% just be my boarding skills?

Quote Originally Posted by mlusk904 View Post
    I have a Phase 5 Model X but it is almost to stable for me, I cant seem to get it to break loose. I am a big guy (6ft 260lbs) and can go rope less behind my stock helix but when I try to do spins the fins just grab. I have tried to remove the center fin and that seemed to help it loosen the board up a bit. Any ideas on fins to try? or can anyone else spin a stock model X because it could 100% just be my boarding skills?
    You can pull the (2) outside fins and then only need to break the center, but it's more your technique than the fins/board. Practice lip slides with the rope until you get the feel for breaking the fins.

Thanks I will give it a try.

You can remove the two outer fins as mentioned above. You can also get a smaller middle fin. I've been thinking about getting the model x for my beginners on board. How do you think they would handle it?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

It's a hybrid so probably a good boat board. Depending on fin setup it can be very stable or kind of fun to ride. Not as fast as the Danielo Diamond but a nice board.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!