Thread: 2008 moomba lsv

Exclamation 2008 moomba lsv

Hello, I have a 2008 moomba möbius lsv. I am having a problem with batteries being charged off of my altinater. I have just replace the altinater and am still not receiving a charge. I can run a separate wire to my battery and get a charge. I was out on the water and my dashboard started beeping and flickering like their is a bad connection or a switch was going out then it just died. I have checked all the fuzes under the dash board and they are all good. Does any one know where the altinater power wires run along the boat or have any other advice on what I should do. I can make it work with a separate wire I just want to fix the problem before it gets worse.

Thanks
    Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor1123 View Post
    Hello, I have a 2008 moomba möbius lsv. I am having a problem with batteries being charged off of my altinater. I have just replace the altinater and am still not receiving a charge. I can run a separate wire to my battery and get a charge. I was out on the water and my dashboard started beeping and flickering like their is a bad connection or a switch was going out then it just died. I have checked all the fuzes under the dash board and they are all good. Does any one know where the altinater power wires run along the boat or have any other advice on what I should do. I can make it work with a separate wire I just want to fix the problem before it gets worse.

Thanks
    Taylor
    The beep & flash is because of low battery. An early warning. An 08 is well into new batter time - or three. Check first with a for sure good battery, check the alternator with a multimeeter.

Hook the batter to an external charger, see if it charges.

http://marine-engines.wikia.com/wiki/Alternator_Testing

I installed two batteries and a perko switch many years ago. If it saves a day - and it has, well worth it.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth