Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach matt

Default Beach matt

I'm looking for a good beach Matt to pull the boat up onto on the bank any suggestions on what to get and where at

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    13 moomba mobious

Personally I wouldn't beach it. I back in usually waist or a bit higher deep and tie back and front off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Ditto, I have never beached my inboard boat. I use a bungee cord on my front anchor line, use a line on the back. Using a bungee on the front pulls the boat back out from shore. Use the back line to keep the boat straight and use it to pull the boat back to a shallow depth to climb on the platform. HTM..
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Well the thing is where I camp and park the boat as soon as you step off the bank it drops to 8' so there's plenty of room for the prop I just don't like pulling the front up on the bank without something under it to protect the gelcoat

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    13 moomba mobious

It is much easier to get in and out of our boats from the stern, which is why we anchor them bow out. I also use a bungee anchor line off the bow and a rope off the stern to the shore that allows us to pull the boat close to shore and step on. Super clean setup and the way to go. No mat needed and gel coat stays protected.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Same as above...I would never drive my boat up on the beach, I always back in or anchor in the middle of the cove with my box anchor.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I beach my boat, at my lake there's a channel that everyone hangs out and party's. It's tough to have a Pugh room to back in a boat, anchor and tie off the back. I don't beach on rocks, I have a few small scratches but it doesn't bother me. I am super anal about my boat though. If they were bigger I would get it fixed but you don't see it unless your under the trailer.

You could get a keel guard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

We beach ours on occasion but have never used any type of mat though. I know there are keel guard things you can stick to the keel for protection, but if it's a soft sandy beach I've never had any problems. Hell, I get more scuffs on my boat from the trailer bunks than anything any my gel coat is black down there so it shows everything.
    2016 Craz

Lakelife, you have a beach situation only a few have experienced. Most people don't have to swim to their boat that is 8 feet away. Two ways of doing it: 1. Get an anchor buddy and the bungee allows you to pull the stern onto the beach for loading. 2. I will nose in and drive the nose onto the beach so people can step up onto the beach. I only do #2 with the soft sand and no boat traffic which is common. I use no pad as the sand is no worse than grit filled bunk carpet.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

That anchor buddy looks cool! but how well does it work in a situation where your anchor can get lodged/stuck on the bottom? it seems like the stretch in the line would cause it to be difficult to pull up by hand if it were stuck. I know you can sometimes run the boat fwd to pull a stuck anchor though.
    2016 Craz