Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does the Mojo have enough push for a skimboard?

I just bought a 23' 2017 Mojo Surf Edition. I'm new at wake surfing. I'm currently riding a 2017 Ronix Blender (hybrid). It seems to be a pretty nice board as I'm progressing every weekend. I'm really wanting to get a skim board but I'm not quite sure my wake has the ideal push for a skim board. Are there any experienced riders out there that can comment on this before I potentially waste my time and money?

if you are factory ballast , and only surf edition, not surf max, it would depend on how good your skim board is, I ride a Obrian Maha 5 skim board, it has 3 1.1" fins, it is a super fun board, carves awesome , spins easy, and is fast, but you need a ton of push , it likes a steep wake, at least what I have found. fyi last year I demoed a 16 mojo surf edition, and could not go ropless with my board, but had no problems with the sanger v215 I had at the time, but with the upgraded rears in the craz, absolutely no problems at all
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

My ballast are factory 900 rears. I believe the 2016 Mojo were 750's. It seems everybody is suggesting 1100's. Thanks for your input

1100 help , but if you have the 900s I would just do enzos for upgraded rears, for the mojo loves to have weight, but with 900s you should be able to get enough push for a skim board, will just have to run your wakeplate up and maybe drop a little nose weight depending on people on board , should be do able though, research the right board , that will help a lot as well
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

We ride a Lakewakes skim board no problem.
    We use a lot of water ballast but usually just driver, rider and one or two more.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by DeezWakes View Post
    I just bought a 23' 2017 Mojo Surf Edition. I'm new at wake surfing. I'm currently riding a 2017 Ronix Blender (hybrid). It seems to be a pretty nice board as I'm progressing every weekend. I'm really wanting to get a skim board but I'm not quite sure my wake has the ideal push for a skim board. Are there any experienced riders out there that can comment on this before I potentially waste my time and money?
    If the overall surface area of the skim board you are looking at is the same as your surf style generally speaking it should be faster on its own. Throw ride size, skill and other factors out and just look at the board. Skim boards have very little rocker and many have pulled it straighter rails. A surf style board can be "worked" to produce more speed but board alone skim should be faster. Grab a exile or Victoria skimmer that is sized correctly and you won't have a problem.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Increase your speed. Increasing your speed will increase push. I typically pull 11.2 - 12.5 mph. Increasing your speed will also increase the surfable area of the wake. Just realize it speed decreases the height of the wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

What kind of speed do the pros run at?
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

depends & they adjust speed to their liking.

in most comps, the boat is set around 11.1 mph. Some of the skim riders bump that to flatten/lengthen the wave and surf riders slow it down to get a bigger wave.

for reference, Jordan currently likes the wall of water we get at 10.7-10.8 mph. remember, stock ballast, people ballast, etc. may dictate adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Increase your speed. Increasing your speed will increase push. I typically pull 11.2 - 12.5 mph. Increasing your speed will also increase the surfable area of the wake. Just realize it speed decreases the height of the wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never found this to be the case. I've always found that lower speed = bigger wave = more push. And faster speed = lower wave = less push.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com