Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've never found this to be the case. I've always found that lower speed = bigger wave = more push. And faster speed = lower wave = less push.
    I second this
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I've never found this to be the case. I've always found that lower speed = bigger wave = more push. And faster speed = lower wave = less push.
    Except you're not accounting for length: lower speed = bigger wave = more push, shorter pocket. And faster speed = lower wave = less push, longer pocket.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Except you're not accounting for length: lower speed = bigger wave = more push, shorter pocket. And faster speed = lower wave = less push, longer pocket.
    Sure. More speed = longer wave/longer pocket. I'll agree with that.

The only time I've found that increasing speed gives more push is when you've got a washy, unformed wave.

I.E. low push at 8mph with a washy wave. Lots of push at 10mph with a shorter/taller/steeper wave. And less push at 12mph with a longer/shorter wave.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Sure. More speed = longer wave/longer pocket. I'll agree with that.

The only time I've found that increasing speed gives more push is when you've got a washy, unformed wave.

I.E. low push at 8mph with a washy wave. Lots of push at 10mph with a shorter/taller/steeper wave. And less push at 12mph with a longer/shorter wave.
    I get all that, and I agree on the push...but the better I get the more I need length in the wave. The longer the pocket is, the more room I have to generate my own speed. For just cruising, sure the slower speed gives more push and makes it easier...but I'm moving into airs and finding I need the room to pump and get speed more than I need baseline push (in the conventional sense).

It is entirely possible that I'm doing it wrong though. The resources for wakesurf tricks are way less common than wakeboard tricks and I find myself just trying new things and making it up as I go...as opposed to 10 years ago when I bought the 'The Book' and 'Detention' and immediately had trick progression, tips, and techniques laid out for me in my reckless wakeboarding days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    I get all that, and I agree on the push...but the better I get the more I need length in the wave. The longer the pocket is, the more room I have to generate my own speed. For just cruising, sure the slower speed gives more push and makes it easier...but I'm moving into airs and finding I need the room to pump and get speed more than I need baseline push (in the conventional sense).

It is entirely possible that I'm doing it wrong though. The resources for wakesurf tricks are way less common than wakeboard tricks and I find myself just trying new things and making it up as I go...as opposed to 10 years ago when I bought the 'The Book' and 'Detention' and immediately had trick progression, tips, and techniques laid out for me in my reckless wakeboarding days.

That all makes sense.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post

Very well put. This is exactly how I feel about my wake. I'm curious if this is the case for all/most wake board/surf boats. That may be for another thread

3 things happen with increased speed: "push" will increase up to a certain point. Once that point is crossed it drastically drops off. By increasing speed you firm up the water which is necessary for skim board. Skim boards suck on mushy wake. The increased speed increases the size of the sweet spot and gives you more surfable area putting the surfer farther from the stern.

Play with the wake plate while increasing your speed. I use to run mine nearly all the way up at 10.2mph. With the mission delta I'm running at the previous mentioned speeds with the wake plate all the way down. I'll nudge it up slightly to clean up the wake. In fact, if I see the surfer kissing it, I drop the wakeplate all the down again and it will push him forward back into sweet spot.

I'm driving a 08 LSV with no IBS, 1100 x 2 rear, 580 center locker, mission delta. The mojo will produce a hell of a lot better wake than I ever could.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    3 things happen with increased speed: "push" will increase up to a certain point. Once that point is crossed it drastically drops off. By increasing speed you firm up the water which is necessary for skim board. Skim boards suck on mushy wake. The increased speed increases the size of the sweet spot and gives you more surfable area putting the surfer farther from the stern.

Play with the wake plate while increasing your speed. I use to run mine nearly all the way up at 10.2mph. With the mission delta I'm running at the previous mentioned speeds with the wake plate all the way down. I'll nudge it up slightly to clean up the wake. In fact, if I see the surfer kissing it, I drop the wakeplate all the down again and it will push him forward back into sweet spot.

I'm driving a 08 LSV with no IBS, 1100 x 2 rear, 580 center locker, mission delta. The mojo will produce a hell of a lot better wake than I ever could.

Better explanation: at slower speeds it's easier to find the sweet spot (push).

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

https://youtu.be/N2j74yhsW4k

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Is it correct to call it push or are you really being pulled? A lot of this speed, length, height and all that depends of your board and weight as well...so many factors!!!!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold