Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surfing 2005 Moomba Mobius XLV

Anyone surf this set up? Any insight? Loooking at purchasing this boat...

I'd love to hear some feedback on this!!! I am waiting for the title to my 2005 möbius I am in the process of buying and can't wait to use it!! Also an additional question...has anyone used the wakeshaper that suction cups to the side of the boat? Thoughts on that? I was also in need of some more help...if y'all don't mind. (And if it's not ok to butt in on a post/thread like this I'm sorry please tell me. I haven't done much blogging). How long is the boat and trailer (specifically the 2005 möbius lsv) with the swim deck off and trailer tongue folded? Thank you all!!! I was about to start a new post when I came across this one and thought this might be some good information to add to tiggitys post. (Well at least about the wake shaper). Thanks all.

Mine is an 07 but the hull should be the same.

It will surf very well but it takes weight.

You want 1100s in the rear and the 1180 up front.

Fill them all up or maybe only 70-80% on the opposite of the surf side. Make a suck gate for about $35. Put the plate at about 50%. Set 10.7 MPH and shred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Boggy_bb View Post
    I'd love to hear some feedback on this!!! I am waiting for the title to my 2005 möbius I am in the process of buying and can't wait to use it!! Also an additional question...has anyone used the wakeshaper that suction cups to the side of the boat? Thoughts on that? I was also in need of some more help...if y'all don't mind. (And if it's not ok to butt in on a post/thread like this I'm sorry please tell me. I haven't done much blogging). How long is the boat and trailer (specifically the 2005 möbius lsv) with the swim deck off and trailer tongue folded? Thank you all!!! I was about to start a new post when I came across this one and thought this might be some good information to add to tiggitys post. (Well at least about the wake shaper). Thanks all.
    You really should start your own thread. The XLV hull and the 2005 LSV are very different hulls. The advise given to the OP is not correct for your hull.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I surf an 05 XLV. My setup is 1100s in the back 1180 in center as above. This will make a decent wave. I have gotten better results by adding a 750 in the seating area just in front of the transmission. With a mission delta. I run at 12mph. I couldn't get a clean wave at lower speeds.

Apalie - Of The Water
    2005 Mobius XLV
    Fort Wayne IN

Quote Originally Posted by Apalie View Post
    I surf an 05 XLV. My setup is 1100s in the back 1180 in center as above. This will make a decent wave. I have gotten better results by adding a 750 in the seating area just in front of the transmission. With a mission delta. I run at 12mph. I couldn't get a clean wave at lower speeds. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own an 05 XLV as well. I run 1000 pounder in each rear locker then a 1000 pounds in the nose. I use a Swell Wake suck gate. Wake plate all the way up. The wave is awesome and huge.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTX View Post
    I own an 05 XLV as well. I run 1000 pounder in each rear locker then a 1000 pounds in the nose. I use a Swell Wake suck gate. Wake plate all the way up. The wave is awesome and huge.
    What speed do you run? I used to run 10.5 when I only had 750 in front now with the 1180 the wave is real dirty at that speed.

Apalie - Of The Water
    2005 Mobius XLV
    Fort Wayne IN

My best set up so far:
    1180 up front
    1100 port locker
    400 under the middle seats port side
    750 starboard locker
    home made suck gate - 60* angle, as low and as far back as it would go on the hull above the hull notch
    wake plate all the way up
    using the Moomba cruise for speed control
    10.7 mph, but is usually anywhere from 10.3-11.2 mph according to GPS app on my phone
    2006 XLV

image.jpgimage.jpg
    From this weekend with the above set up, plus 400 under starboard middle seats.
    2006 XLV

Long time lurker, but this thread got me to post, apparently.

We're surfing behind a '05 Gravity Games XLV, and it took us a while but we have the wave pretty dialed in now. Here is our setup:
    1100s in both lockers - we fill these about 75% and equal on both sides
    1180 up front
    Homemade SuckGate placed right below the XLV Sticker on either side
    Wake Plate at about 50% (Although our seems to have a leak and we have to replace the fluid every weekend)
    PerfectPass set at 9.8MPH
    Upgraded Moomba Surf Swim Platform (shown here)

Of all the above, I think the bigger bags in the back and the new Platform made the biggest difference. While it doesn't make a difference on the wave, we also installed the Wakemakers ballast system upgrade - it makes a world of difference in how long it takes to fill/empty.

Hope that helps.