Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water comes out of 2nd side drain when I stop

New to Moomba's and V drive's in general (always had a pontoon). I have 3 holes in the aft of the boat. Two on the starboard and one on the port. I know two of these are for the aft ballast bags, what is the 3rd one for? I have noticed that after we travel and I throttle down to idle, water will come out of that hole. Is this the drain for the engine cooling water??

Thanks,
    sorry if this is a dumb question.
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Indmar Assault 333

Bilge pump. Getting that extra water out after a long run. Likely from either a small leak in the cooling lines somewhere, or an excessive shaft seal drip. As long as it only runs for a little bit after stopping, you'll be fine. If it's constant or quickly repeating, you might want to look into it, but it sounds like it's just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

I paid close attention this weekend. If we sit for 2 hours, I notice about 1/4" water at the middle plug. The bilge pump does not come on. If we tube (10 minute runs approx) the bilge pump automatically comes on for about 10 seconds and some water comes out. I would estimate about 2 cups at the most. When my kids take a nap we run for about an hour straight to keep them cool. I typically do not get to plane and run about 18 mph. When we stopped I timed it and the bilge stayed on for about 2 minutes and pumped out water constantly. I have noticed it coming on when I stop after a short run, but it stays on for maybe 5 seconds and a small amount of water is expelled. What do you think. Do I have a problem?

Thank you much for your comment!
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Indmar Assault 333

What Joel said is the probable cause. It leaks worse when under way. Take a look while underway and take the tools needed to tighten the gland nut and just maybe tightening may work. If not, the gland nut will need to repacked. See Youtube as it isn't difficult.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    What Joel said is the probable cause. It leaks worse when under way. Take a look while underway and take the tools needed to tighten the gland nut and just maybe tightening may work. If not, the gland nut will need to repacked. See Youtube as it isn't difficult.
    Do the newer boats have a gland nut? They went away from them to the "dripless" system (starting in 2006?), but I'm not sure what the current system is.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    Do the newer boats have a gland nut? They went away from them to the "dripless" system (starting in 2006?), but I'm not sure what the current system is.
    Correct, a 2012 Mojo should have a dripless shaft seal so if it is leaking it may need to be replaced. Check all the ballast lines from where they come in on the bottom of the boat all the way to the bags, all trace out your raw water cooling lines and make sure you see no drips anywhere
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Correct, a 2012 Mojo should have a dripless shaft seal so if it is leaking it may need to be replaced. Check all the ballast lines from where they come in on the bottom of the boat all the way to the bags, all trace out your raw water cooling lines and make sure you see no drips anywhere
    What is the best way to do this? Run the boat for a while, stop and let the engine cool?. Also, the dripless shaft seal I assume is around the prop shaft where it enters the boat into the transmission?
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Indmar Assault 333

Quote Originally Posted by slopland View Post
    What is the best way to do this? Run the boat for a while, stop and let the engine cool?. Also, the dripless shaft seal I assume is around the prop shaft where it enters the boat into the transmission?
    make sure you get the bilge dry and put it in the water and have someone drive around at idle while you inspect everything would be how i would do it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yes, then if you don't find anything start filling ballast bags one at a time and inspecting.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Yes, then if you don't find anything start filling ballast bags one at a time and inspecting.
    This is my bet on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk