Default Auto wake on moomba craz with surf package

Just recently got a 2017 moomba craz with surf package with 2500lbs ballast and after a weekend of dialing in the settings to get a good wake surf we found it with the bags at 100/60/100 and 10.5 mph with wake plate 25% deployed. does anyone use autowake to setup their surf wakes? And if so what should the settings be at? It's a feature in the boat we'd like to use if we know how I mean they market like it's no effort to create a good wakesurf wake. We tried it but it didn't really work that well. Worked good for wakeboarding though.
    Last edited by Manitobamoomba77; 07-19-2017 at 12:24 AM.

I don't use Autowake for surf as it always wants to drain the ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

I second this. Always drains or gives warnings that I need to move people around. What the hell is the point of having autowake SC? I remember when they were selling me the bowl, they were really pushing this new auto awake. They were like, "with this awesome new auto wake system you can have people moving all around the boat and the boat will automatically adjust it so the Surfwave stays exactly the same." If they meant starts crappy, and stays crappy, they were spot on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

Autowake always fills before it starts to empty. I tried it once surfing without much luck but apparently Cody got it working well surfing last night. I did find that it work amazingly for wakeboarding
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Definitely does great for wakeboarding, although by the time it hits achieved , can manually do just as good as job , I wish it would adjust wake plate and tabs to help achieve its goal for surfing ,just empty and fill ballast is pretty easy to do, but definitely a neat concept , just really don't see a need for it for us
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

It does take a while but if you start off with an even number of people on both sides of the boat it will cut down on how long it takes to get it right. I usually get it achieved before we pull a rider so it only has to make minor adjustments for one less person in the boat
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Manitobamoomba77 View Post
    Just recently got a 2017 moomba craz with surf package with 2500lbs ballast and after a weekend of dialing in the settings to get a good wake surf we found it with the bags at 100/60/100 and 10.5 mph with wake plate 25% deployed. does anyone use autowake to setup their surf wakes? And if so what should the settings be at? It's a feature in the boat we'd like to use if we know how I mean they market like it's no effort to create a good wakesurf wake. We tried it but it didn't really work that well. Worked good for wakeboarding though.
    For the ballast settings you listed to work good for you, for port surfing sounds like try setting your roll to -3.5 maybe -4 , and your pitch to 9.5 or 10 try wake plate from 0 to 25 , try not to go over 65 on the surf plate for port , less plate will drain ballast on opposite side but actually works better to a degree .that should be close to the settings you manually had , if you get more weight in the boat you can re adjust, with 1140s 400 extra moveable ballast and 3 adults -2.5 for roll and 8 to 8.5 was working great for us. It all depends on how much weight you have available to distribute and where your tabs and plate are set .as the same pitch and roll will not give you the same kind of wave , less weight you need more pitch and roll , more weight you can lower the pitch and get a longer wave , have had great luck using it , but always seem to not use the auto wake for surfing , since all the people who ride prefer different styles of waves , just faster for us to skip using it good luck
    Last edited by stevemarich; 07-22-2017 at 02:06 AM.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds