Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2006 LSV wave

Quote Originally Posted by RatbagRacing View Post
    Hey Parrothead,
    just getting started with surfing a recently acquired '06 LSV with no IBS, or plate.

I do have 2 1100's (Ronix eight.3 w/ telescope top for dumping...nice option for us 12v pumpers), and without any front or center weight (just 2 passengers about 350 total), i had a legit/surfable wake for the under 175lb'ers, but i'm 190 and need a bit more as I improve my skills. Ran about 800 surfside, 650 opposite (more weight in rear didn't work without anything in center or front, but plan on getting to your 1100/1000 range if i can find the balance.
    Swell 2.0

I'm going to add a 350 to the front/bow (underseat/bow bag) -- is that what you mean by your "400 lb under seats" - or do you mean rear seats too?

I assume your "IBS full" is about 400-450lbs total? where is that located exactly? center/floor - or with some in rear/built in?

And finally -- I can't find the "Don't Kill Your Engine" thread mentioned below in my searches -- anyone have a link or can help me dial in the search?

thanks to you - and everyone here - for the knowledge i'm gaining. it's been a lot less trial and error (and $) getting this boat where I want it to be.
    400lbs under the seat where the cooler is. The inside is located under the front seats bow around 600lbs.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    400lbs under the seat where the cooler is. The inside is located under the front seats bow around 600lbs.
    the 400lbs under seat/where cooler 'was'....is that lead (or similar) - a bag you're filling too? again, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by RatbagRacing View Post
    the 400lbs under seat/where cooler 'was'....is that lead (or similar) - a bag you're filling too? again, thanks for the help
    I removed the cooler and have a seperate ballast bag under those seats. Also you can buy lead bags, I have 100lbs to move around to dail in the wave..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by mgsaad View Post
    I have a 2013 LSV and have never been able to get a good surf wake. I recently bought a Delta wakeshaper by Mission but still not having great success. Does anyone have one of these? Where do you position it on the LSV and how do you set up the ballast in conjunction with the Delta?
    Thanks.
    I use one of these on my 08 LSV. It's been awesome. I installed the "gate" part on the back and install it as low and back to the transom as you can. Regular side sure equal weighting all ballast full. Goofy side starboard full and port 75-80%. Speed 11.7

I didn't have an IBS when i first started using it so I had to keep my wakeplate nearly 100% deployed.

1100s each rear, 500 ski locker and now 500 bow.

Speed is the trick with the delta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV