Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 LSV wave

I have a 2013 LSV and have never been able to get a good surf wake. I recently bought a Delta wakeshaper by Mission but still not having great success. Does anyone have one of these? Where do you position it on the LSV and how do you set up the ballast in conjunction with the Delta?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    I'm thinking if we upgrade to heavier rear bags that will be he next step. The boat struggles to keep a higher speed when we are loaded more that 5-6 adults and current bags full. Getting a decent wave currently but with more bag weight I'm not sure we'll be able to get 10-11 as it seems we get decent waves at those speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MGX- I have 2012 LSV and recently upgraded to the NautiCurl. Love the wave it makes now compared to my homemade suckgate. I have 1100s in rear, 400 in center and 750 IBS. Usually don't fill all the way in rears but 80% on surf side and 60-70% on off-side for regular surfers. Seems to like more even with goofy.

We played around with position of NautiCurl this weekend and boat did not like it when it was too low on hull. Never had trouble getting up to speed but did when it was low. Just FYI. I put it on the 2nd tier of the side about 2 feet from back of boat. I have "splash" stickers so have to put it where all sticker or no sticker. Will try and take picture of where we found the position to be the best.

Would upgrade to 1100 since you don't have to fill them all the way up but can't fill 900s over 900!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    MGX- I have 2012 LSV and recently upgraded to the NautiCurl. Love the wave it makes now compared to my homemade suckgate. I have 1100s in rear, 400 in center and 750 IBS. Usually don't fill all the way in rears but 80% on surf side and 60-70% on off-side for regular surfers. Seems to like more even with goofy.

We played around with position of NautiCurl this weekend and boat did not like it when it was too low on hull. Never had trouble getting up to speed but did when it was low. Just FYI. I put it on the 2nd tier of the side about 2 feet from back of boat. I have "splash" stickers so have to put it where all sticker or no sticker. Will try and take picture of where we found the position to be the best.

Would upgrade to 1100 since you don't have to fill them all the way up but can't fill 900s over 900!

Good luck.
    Hi, looking forward to the pic. I've been putting mine as far back and as low as I can. I'll try forward and up to compare. I have a friend with an X15 that bought one too and he's blown away.

2006 Mobius LSV
    New to boating and surfing

I usually put mine about 8-12 inches forward of the back corner/start of swim deck and just under water vertically when floating/stopped.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by BT_48170 View Post
    I usually put mine about 8-12 inches forward of the back corner/start of swim deck and just under water vertically when floating/stopped.
    A Nauticurl?

2006 Mobius LSV

No I made mine.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

I would definitely add more weight and if you are having trouble with the weight, change out the prop. I can run 3000+ lbs and 5-7 people with no problem.
    DDNorCal
    2019 Supra 450 SL, 1,000 lb lead and 3145 prop
    Sold - 2006 LSV 3430 Ballast, 1847 Prop, all around great boat

Quote Originally Posted by DDNorCal View Post
    I would definitely add more weight and if you are having trouble with the weight, change out the prop. I can run 3000+ lbs and 5-7 people with no problem.
    You running the stock prop? I don't know what is on mine but I can only assume it's stock considering the lack of other optional equipment.
    2006 Mobius LSV

After adding ballast, I found my boat to be underpowered and put and ACME 1847 on my boat. Call JT at Nettle props and he will hook you up with the right prop for your boat.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Default 2006 LSV - no IBS - what do you have 'underseat' for 400lb - lead, or small bags?

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    1100 surfside rear, 1000 opposite, 400lbs under seats, 100lbs moveable lead, center and IBS full, passengers all surfside, plate up, suckgate, 11.5..
    Hey Parrothead,
    just getting started with surfing a recently acquired '06 LSV with no IBS, or plate.

I do have 2 1100's (Ronix eight.3 w/ telescope top for dumping...nice option for us 12v pumpers), and without any front or center weight (just 2 passengers about 350 total), i had a legit/surfable wake for the under 175lb'ers, but i'm 190 and need a bit more as I improve my skills. Ran about 800 surfside, 650 opposite (more weight in rear didn't work without anything in center or front, but plan on getting to your 1100/1000 range if i can find the balance.
    Swell 2.0

I'm going to add a 350 to the front/bow (underseat/bow bag) -- is that what you mean by your "400 lb under seats" - or do you mean rear seats too?

I assume your "IBS full" is about 400-450lbs total? where is that located exactly? center/floor - or with some in rear/built in?

And finally -- I can't find the "Don't Kill Your Engine" thread mentioned below in my searches -- anyone have a link or can help me dial in the search?

thanks to you - and everyone here - for the knowledge i'm gaining. it's been a lot less trial and error (and $) getting this boat where I want it to be.