Default Kicker 8" tower mounting

I purchased kicker 8" speakers but im not thrilled about the clamps. They don't rotate much and the tubing on our tower is not perfectly round because it bends. I want to move as far to the outside as possible to save head room. Suggestions?

As far as the oval tubing at the bends, try to mix and match on the size inserts to get a pair that fits but is tight. As to the clamps, yes, you get about 10* of slot to orient the pod to accommodate for the tower angle. Sadly, this is when a swivel clamp like the Wet Sounds Icon-8 TC3-S may be the better option. . I know, you already have the KM8 and KMTES8 pods, just being real.

I cant give names, but there is a pod out there that has multiple clamp mounting hole to allow the pod to be oriented about every 15*. The come in a cheap polished finish that will not last, so consider powder coating them. Also, you will likely need to enlarge the speaker opening and its not fun.

Starts with a K as well, right Mike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I went with Kicker aswell pair if 8 and pair of 6.5 in the cans i believe have been mentioned the 8s i did not use clamp just bolted in factory holes. I did have to trim the opening a bit took about 5 min with grinder cant comment on finish yet as they are only couple weeks old but got the covers for towing and boat is stored inside so dont think i will have a problem. Definitely sound and look better than factory.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Hmm. Never thought of trying to mount directly like that. Mine are with clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz