Default 07 lsv surf wave help

Hey everyone. I'm on our summer holiday and I am having a tough time dialing in my wake. Need some help from you pros out there.

My set up.

Center bag 400. Full
    Non surf side. 400 full
    Surf side 800. Full
    Wake plate almost all the way up.
    My dad. 220 in the back surf corner.

My wave is good but gets washed out right at the top of the pocket. My suckgate won't stick, but will keep trying.

I don't have the option of upgrading anything right now and have 13 more days on holidays.

Any suggestions on how to clean up my existing set up??

Help is always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

I would play around with no weight in the non surf side. Speaking of that, what side is your surf side? If port, much easier than starboard to get it done.

I would also play around with moving your 220 to the bow instead of back surf corner. Put a person in the corner instead.

In regards to surf plate, on my 08 lsv, I found my plate best position was 3/4 up or so, not all the way up.

Do a dry run (no rider) with variations of above to see what it does. Report back with what you find.

The suckgate will really help if you can get it stuck in the correct location.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Awesome. Thanks. Sorry. 1 correction. My dad weights 220. Not an extra 220 of weight.

My suck gate is right under the lsv tag on the back but keeps popping off. I may adjust the angle of the gate so that it is not so steep. See how that works.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

And we all ride regular. No goofy riders. Yet. Lol.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Where ru you riding ?? Sylvan Lake ?? I'm at Gleniffer all the time ... but I have an 08 LSV .. I have 650 IBS, 400 ski locker and 750 each back locker .. also suck gate below the LSV logo and I get this waveIMG_2792.jpg
    2008 Moomba LSV, Gravity III, 1100 port.750 in goofy side rear,400 center,650 IBS everything else stock.....Home lake... Glennifer Lake, Alberta Canada...

I would definitely try to adjust the angle on your gate, I've got mine at about 60-70 degrees and it never comes off. You'll probably want more weight or passengers up front also. I run 1100's in the rear (surf side full, non surf 50%) and center locker full (I think 400 lbs) + a sumo 540 bag on the floor up front.surfwave.jpg
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

Not to assume anything, you know the sukg8 goes on the opposite side of the boat than you are surfing, right? Also, what is your speed? Should be about 10.3 to 10.8 or so. The LSV loves weight up front. If you are not using the gate it has to be listed hard to the surf side to get a decent wave. With the gate, keep the 400 off side weight. Without it, either move the 400 up front to the walkway or just empty it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You definitely need some weight up front. Try moving you dad to the bow of the boat right in front of the driver's seat. This will keep his weight on the surf side but also lengthen the surf wave by having some weight on the nose of the boat. One of the best things I have done for my surf wave was to add the Sumo 750 lb IBS. As for you suck8, I have the COSMO suction cups and have not had them come off once but I also have just a little bit less than a 90 degree angle on it. Finally, the more weight you can the better you will be. If you cannot add ballast, add as many people to the boat as possible and have most of them sit on the surf side.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Thanks for all your help guys. We are in Manitoba right now at sandy lake. I had a couple more people in the boat today and the wave was much better. I didn't get any of me surfing, but here is my daughter going rope less on her second attempt at surfing ever.

It is still a bit short and washed out, but I will get my suck gate working.

Again. Thanks for all the help.

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

We somehow forgot to throw the sukg8 in the boat last Sat. so we had to set up listed. I had forgotten how much different the wave is with the gate. Hope you can get it working as it is the #1 thing you can do to improve the wave on the LSV.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!