Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doomswell Fins

Quote Originally Posted by wetfly112 View Post
    Wanted to see if anyone had feedback on fins for doomswell boards. Currently running stock. Wondering if changing the fins is worth the investment.?
    The John John groms and the BS are solid futures performers in the wakesurf world. Across all fin companies and lines look for the following:
    -base 4.25" or less
    -depth 4.5" or less
    -area 14.1"^2 or less
    -sweep 33-34 deg
    -foil - flat or blended inside

After that think about what you want from a fin. More pivot - look for upright fin less sweep/rake. Less hold reduce the surface area. More speed - look at blended foils.

Don't feel like you have to stick to specific models people recommend. Use the general info above and have fun exploring a brands whole range of fins. Some days you might want speed for airs some days you might want longer more drawn out turns. Look at materials and weights lots to have fun with.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

If you really like the performance from the fin upgrade , then maybe a board upgrade is in order as well . I went from a Doomswell drone 48 to a Parker surfcraft 4 8 with essesentisllly same traction and fin setup and I have only ridden my drone once in the last two years and the PS 48 is my go to board.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I ride my neo with chaos flare fins. They are fins actually made for wakesurfing while the other fins mentioned above are repurposed ocean surfing fins. They may work but that is not their design intent. Below is a quote I got from an email to nick at chaos. I haven't rode the blackstix f4s to compare but I would love to hear if someone has.

"The build and flex of the Chaos fins are similar to the blackstix line. The templates, however are geared to wakesurfing.

Nick"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    If you really like the performance from the fin upgrade , then maybe a board upgrade is in order as well . I went from a Doomswell drone 48 to a Parker surfcraft 4 8 with essesentisllly same traction and fin setup and I have only ridden my drone once in the last two years and the PS 48 is my go to board.
    I'd love to try one, but I blew my 'board money' on buying that foil board... LOL. I just don't have the scratch to lay down on another board. I'm sure they're amazeballz. Just hard to justify when I have my DS and I don't have the money burning a hole in my pocket. (ask my checking account when I had to pay off my visa, mortgage, and child support all within a few days. UGH!

You won't happen to be anywhere near Houston next week, will ya????? LOLOL. because that's about as close as I'll get.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

One is being donated to the Texas jam ,not sure if you'll stil be there

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    One is being donated to the Texas jam ,not sure if you'll stil be there
    We leave a few days before the Jam starts. That would have been a blast to try it and to hang at the Jam. But we have to work around my son's summer visitation schedule. But it looks like we'll get some boat time in TX, so I'm excited.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Good times in Houston

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    I ride my neo with chaos flare fins. They are fins actually made for wakesurfing while the other fins mentioned above are repurposed ocean surfing fins. They may work but that is not their design intent. Below is a quote I got from an email to nick at chaos. I haven't rode the blackstix f4s to compare but I would love to hear if someone has.

"The build and flex of the Chaos fins are similar to the blackstix line. The templates, however are geared to wakesurfing.

Nick"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick has some great fins for wakesurfing including his skim fins. if anyone has any questions about his fins I would reach it to him. He's vert knowledgeable.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Wonder if he would come on here and answer questions. Like: Should I try to change fins on my Daniello Diamond?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Wonder if he would come on here and answer questions. Like: Should I try to change fins on my Daniello Diamond?
    Would actually be curious about the same thing...I have the hammerhead.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom