Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    The factory Kenwood head units and those rectangular/round sided remotes run off of a 7-8 pin cable. Black, should run up he drivers side of the boat. It has a barrel connector on both ends. If you can get behind the head unit it'll be pretty obvious.

Which new head unit did you get from Kenwood? Only their marine series can use the newer remotes. And since he new remotes can do way more than the old ones they require running a new cable that has more pins like was mentioned earlier.
    On my 06 24SSV I put a new Kenwood kmr-m318bt head unit (finally have Bluetooth, no CD player, it's just a media hub) and the KCA55MR remote with the 7 meter cable. Works fantastic. Unfortunately the remote requires drilling a bigger hole on the back of the boat. Totally worth it though.

That's the same headunit I bought. I didn't see a barrel connector with that many pins coming from the remote. I only saw this wire on the old head unit that I suspect is what ran the remote...

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    That's the same headunit I bought. I didn't see a barrel connector with that many pins coming from the remote. I only saw this wire on the old head unit that I suspect is what ran the remote...
    Those white, oval, Aeware remotes use a single wire (serial IR protocol). The fancier remotes Broke Pilot is talking about have a display, etc and use a 7 pin cable.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I guess moomba used a different factory remote than the supra. Sorry
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400