Default Fresh Air Exhaust on 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Just used 08 Moomba for first time this year after upgrading rear bags to 1100 each, center bag to ~500, IBS to 550, Ronix wakeshaper, and a Fresh Air Exhaust. The wave was better with the Ronix shaper, but there still seemed to be tons of whitewash/chop from the FAE -- does anyone have any thoughts or experience with an FAE on a 2008 or so Mobius? Also, I could only get a decent wave with the wakeplate all the way down which seems odd -- maybe the FAE is interfering with the wakeplate--?

I have my own version of a FAE on my 2008 XLV. I don't think it impacts my wave at all. Wash tends to be from having too much weight on the non-surfside or not enough on the surfside. Sometimes from the platform cutting into the water coming off your surfside hull.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Do you list or use surf device? Also, have people modified their platforms?

Our setup is nearly identical. We haven't had any trouble that I would link to the FAE, but I'd have to take it off to get a true comparison. We are still trying to get the suck gate dialed in but we don't run our rear sacks totally full, maybe 75% or maybe it's been 100% surf side and then 60-75% offside. We run our wakeplate about 1/2, more or less depending on passenger weighting. It doesn't surprise me that you needed it down a bit with all of that weight in the back.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by GW@vineyardlake View Post
    Do you list or use surf device? Also, have people modified their platforms?
    I am basically listed, with a suck gate there also just to clean it up a bit. My weight setup is going to be different than yours because I have the ability to add ballast in places you can't.
    • 1100 bag Port side rear
    • 1100 bag about 50-60% full starboard rear
    • 1180 gravity games bag under my playpen bow locker
    • 400 bag under port seats
    • ~200 under the port bow seat

I have a swim platform that's modified so it doesn't dig into my wave.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks for the help; I think it'll just take more time and experimenting.

I agree with the thought about the FAE interfering. I noticed no difference after putting it on and most likely anything that would cause an issue would be directly behind and not in the wake.

I run my plate just slightly past half down. I see most people run it higher but that's what works for me. I find the plate to make the biggest difference in adjusting the fine tuning after the bags are dialed in. I have marks with tape on my gauge for different settings I do. I wish I had a digital readout on the plate. Also increase and decrease by .5MPH increments to see what works.

I did a cut off swim platform also and saw a huge difference on the positive side. I would be looking at other adjustments at this point, the FAE should be fine.

Play with it when no one is surfing to clean it up. Throw someone in such as yourself who knows the feel and adjust from there. I have my wife drive and just give her instructions for adjustments. I always go first to dial it in for everyone else otherwise others may get a less than stellar ride because the plate was in the wrong place or a bag wasn't full enough. The problem is they may not know there is a problem they just don't get a great ride. I can usually have it adjusted within a few minutes.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Do you fill front at 1180? What do you fill non-surf rear side? What SuckG8 do you use?

I used to have an 08 LSV and FAE no issues with surf wave

As long as it's spaced high enough over the wake plate you shouldn't habe interface.

I never used a wake enhancing device on my LSV..
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]