Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Sank

It didn't help that the one guy took forever to get his boat on the trailer.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Well this brings back memories. Thank God I put my nose up to take those bad boys on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Kinda like this guy!

What lake is this?
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2014 Formula 350 CBR

Default Boat Sank

I've been on some chop but never like that. Looks like the freakin ocean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

that 70's erea jet boat was doing just fine, that really wasn't that rough to warranty the boat sinking. He had people in the bow and bet he stopped suddenly going into the waves and dipped the bow and instant bathtub
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Solid argument AGAINST permanent weight (lead or otherwise) in the bow of your boat. You just never know when mother nature is gonna hand you a sh!t-sammich.
    I agree that the yellow boat should have either loaded their trailer or gotten it the hell out of the way for someone else. Easy to arm-chair quarterback this situation though. I've been in some serious wind driven waves and it can definitely make you pucker. nose in, bow up, and actively managing your throttle.
    2016 Craz

why wasn't the person helping who was video the whole thing....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Reminder for all of us that if you boat often and long enough you will see water conditions as bad or worse as in the video. The important thing is to get to the launch before the storm hits or get into a protected area, wait it out and then head to the launch. Storm fronts with high gusts are short lived and inexperienced boat owners instinct is to get out of the water. The good thing about waiting it out is often the storm passes, the waves subside and you have the place all by yourself as everyone packed up and booked.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Man that poor Malibu didn't look right for the waves out there. I don't know the BU's very well but it seemed way nose heavy and asking for water in the bow. Looks like everybody made it safe to shore without the boat totally going down. I will say the MC putting his boat on the trailer looked like a pro in that mess.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Man that poor Malibu didn't look right for the waves out there. I don't know the BU's very well but it seemed way nose heavy and asking for water in the bow. Looks like everybody made it safe to shore without the boat totally going down. I will say the MC putting his boat on the trailer looked like a pro in that mess.
    I remember crapping my pants trailering my stern drive last year when I got caught in something similar. I have trouble getting my Mondo out of the water when it's calm, can't imagine trying to do it in that. Wow!! Props to the MC driver!