Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you are going #1100s, you may want to reinforce your vdrive divider panels. Wakemakers sells them or if you are a diy guy, go to your local hardware store and make them yourself. This will keep your panels from collapsing in on your engine. I would actually recommend trying to find some ballast bags and a pump from a friend maybe and playing with those in the boat. I have a Mojo, so my setup is going to be different from yours. I have seen people on here go with #900 in the mondo rears. On your surfboard, you need to make sure your toes are as close to the edge of the board towards the wave as possible, and try to keep the board pointed at the boat, not away from it. Also, rise with all your fins on the board starting out, this will give it more control and hold the wave better.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I have the same as you stock 500 center and stock 500 bow. I have no plans to upgrade them.
    With the 1100s in the back my boat doesn't dig in or list to bad and I'm ok with the stock prop. My boat is a 17 and I've put 107 hours on her and I'm pretty happy with only the 1100s and everything else stock. I'm very new to surfing but this set up does awesome for my family

Quote Originally Posted by jobu View Post
    I have the same as you stock 500 center and stock 500 bow. I have no plans to upgrade them.

With the 1100s in the back my boat doesn't dig in or list to bad and I'm ok with the stock prop. My boat is a 17 and I've put 107 hours on her and I'm pretty happy with only the 1100s and everything else stock. I'm very new to surfing but this set up does awesome for my family
    OK. Thanks! I'll order up some 1100's tomorrow. Did you swap fittings or use stock?

Save yourself some time and trouble, order new fittings and sell your old bags complete, the cement from the factory is a mother f to get out, many people have been successful, but many, including myself, have ruined bags trying to save a few bucks
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Save yourself some time and trouble, order new fittings and sell your old bags complete, the cement from the factory is a mother f to get out, many people have been successful, but many, including myself, have ruined bags trying to save a few bucks
    Last question. I see my bags have the quick connect fittings. I'll just need the 4 pieces that thread into the bags correct? 1 on each bag for fill/drain, and 1 on each bag for vents? The fitting on the hoses will still be usable?

I got it figured out! The quick connects came off no problem so I just ordered the quick connect fitting that inserts into the 1100 lb bags! 2 for each bag (one for fill/drain and one for vent). Looks like they were 1", hope I am correct on that.

You are correct. All the newer Moombas use the 1" flow rite fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    If I had it to do over, I too would just sell the stock bags. I tore one up, the entire flange/fitting came out due to the weld on the inside coming unglued from the heat and me prying on it. I was able to get the fittings out of the 2nd bag but evidently between the heat and prying to get the drain/fill valve out, the threaded opening warped. I installed the check valve fitting for the Tsunami pump but it has a constant leak and even though the fitting is bottomed out, it just spins and will not tighten down.
    In hindsight, I'd sell the bags, give someone a deal, take the money and reinvest in lead bags.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I'll chime in. I have a '16 Mondo surf edition, here in Alberta. I fill the left rear bag 100%, the right 75%, the front 50%, wakeplate all the way up, surf gate engaged (I think it's set around 55). My kids, 100 and 150 lbs, surf like champs on a 4'8" shim board. I'm 200 lbs, took me a bit to get the hang of it and drop the rope but I got it, just takes awhile to get the feel (helps if all passengers sit on the left for me). I've got a 230 lb brother so I ordered a 5'9" board for him and any other beginner.
    If I were to do any upgrading I'd replace the rear bags with the 1100s.

Quote Originally Posted by drlynes View Post
    I'll chime in. I have a '16 Mondo surf edition, here in Alberta. I fill the left rear bag 100%, the right 75%, the front 50%, wakeplate all the way up, surf gate engaged (I think it's set around 55). My kids, 100 and 150 lbs, surf like champs on a 4'8" shim board. I'm 200 lbs, took me a bit to get the hang of it and drop the rope but I got it, just takes awhile to get the feel (helps if all passengers sit on the left for me). I've got a 230 lb brother so I ordered a 5'9" board for him and any other beginner.
    If I were to do any upgrading I'd replace the rear bags with the 1100s.
    Fill the front to 100% too. There’s no replacement for displacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz