Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

I hope the Max performs well because it sure isn't much to look at. The craz and mojo are very nice looking boats but the max from the side looks like if I tried to draw a boat.
    I thought this at first when the Helix came out but since then has grown on me. More and more time in and around the boat it's really a well put together vessel and space for days.
    This is how I want to see a Helix or Max in person...
    Helix.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    It is simply a matter of continuous improvement. The Helix and Max were the last 2 boats we developed. We have slowly grown the average boat width of 98" that we used for a long time, to the new more common standard of 102". Most people don't know this, but not all international countries allow boats to be 102". Australia specifically has a requirement for transportation that trailers can be no wider than 2.5 meters. That is just a little over 98". Back in the day, most boats were in the 95" to 98" beam so they could be used anywhere in the world. However, most manufacturers started going wider because there is quite a bit of value in the wider beam. In Australia, they have found out ways to transport them and I think it is by getting special wide load certification. Anyways, when we redesign the Craz, Mojo or Mondo, they will very likely also be 102". Currently the Craz and Mojo are 100". Hope that makes sense.
    Matt, thank you VERY much for the detailed responses. Having a resource like you posting on the forums is a HUGE benefit for current and potential Skier's Choice owners. It's pretty huge that Skiers Choice has such a presence on the forums. The technical details are amazing and greatly appreciated.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I thought this at first when the Helix came out but since then has grown on me. More and more time in and around the boat it's really a well put together vessel and space for days.
    Helix.jpg
    I think once more of the Max are built, the color schemes will greatly improve as well. I've seen a few that look killer with black flake and blue accents, or ultra blue flake with dark accents. Essentially, I wouldn't judge the boat's looks based off the red photo boat...

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    In Florida anything over 8.5' wide technically requires a permit to be hauled. Although they never mess with recreational or personal users they could if they wanted to be jerks about it.
    This is true for transportation throughout the country I believe. At one time some states were limited to 8' but I believe they have since changed to 8.5' and this is why most recreational boats that can be easily trailered are 102" (8.5'). Technically with the guide poles, most trailers for 102" boats are over width which is why they are "removable". Some states will enforce this, but most will not because as you mentioned it is clearly personal use and most people are unaware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I hope the Max performs well because it sure isn't much to look at. The craz and mojo are very nice looking boats but the max from the side looks like if I tried to draw a boat.
    That pic is still making me laugh.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Helix.jpg
    Josh, Funny you should post that. The R&D boat is that exact color combo. I really like it. I would take a pic but the R&D boats sometimes have things on them that the public is not supposed to see. Plus the boat is not exactly clean...hahaha

I also agree that some color combos in some patterns look better than others. The new "Sport" pattern is new for 2018 so a lot of the dealers are spraying in that pattern to show the new look. Also, I am anxious to see a solid Max like the solid Pacific Blue Helix we sprayed on photo boat. Or maybe a "sport" pattern with a black metal flake main and a black accent. Call me old school, but I still think the blacked out boats are sweet looking. I owned one and will probably never do that again, but man do they look sharp.

And like I said before, we actually purposefully design the boats to be different. I know the majority of people probably prefer the more classic lines of the Craz and Mojo, but I have been doing this for many years and not everyone has the same taste in design. For some of you the Helix and Max are not your style, but that is why we offer all the options. Plus, in the future as we add background graphics or different gel patterns, that can drastically change the look of the boat.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Josh, Funny you should post that. The R&D boat is that exact color combo. I really like it. I would take a pic but the R&D boats sometimes have things on them that the public is not supposed to see. Plus the boat is not exactly clean...hahaha

I also agree that some color combos in some patterns look better than others. The new "Sport" pattern is new for 2018 so a lot of the dealers are spraying in that pattern to show the new look. Also, I am anxious to see a solid Max like the solid Pacific Blue Helix we sprayed on photo boat. Or maybe a "sport" pattern with a black metal flake main and a black accent. Call me old school, but I still think the blacked out boats are sweet looking. I owned one and will probably never do that again, but man do they look sharp.

And like I said before, we actually purposefully design the boats to be different. I know the majority of people probably prefer the more classic lines of the Craz and Mojo, but I have been doing this for many years and not everyone has the same taste in design. For some of you the Helix and Max are not your style, but that is why we offer all the options. Plus, in the future as we add background graphics or different gel patterns, that can drastically change the look of the boat.
    Very good points and like many said I'm sure it will be a hot seller. I'm awaiting my dealer (Toblers Marina) to get one in so I can demo it. I'm sure it may not look like a Ferrari, but I'm willing to bet it performs well and surf wave is gonna be phenomenal once you get it dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Matt, with the g6 system, does each pump have a dedicated thru-hull fitting or are you splitting the line from 1 thru-hull to each of the 2 pumps?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Matt, thank you VERY much for the detailed responses. Having a resource like you posting on the forums is a HUGE benefit for current and potential Skier's Choice owners. It's pretty huge that Skiers Choice has such a presence on the forums. The technical details are amazing and greatly appreciated.
    Trayson, Thanks for the comments but honestly I am just doing my job. One thing I love about working at Skiers Choice is we are still a relatively small company and most everyone is here because we love the boats, the industry and the lifestyle. Almost everyone in the office and many of the guys and girls on the line spend the majority of our weekends enjoying these boats with our families. We try and keep up with the forums because we understand that as a small company our best asset is our customers and we want to make sure to keep you guys happy and informed. I also learned long ago that passionate customers can be one of the best sources for new ideas. I have been here for over 17 years and while I would love to say we constantly come up with all the great ideas, many of the changes you see are because of issues that you have or suggestions that you guys make. So, we will keep trying to do our job and you keep telling us what you like and what you don't. Seems to be working so far, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Matt-
    Thanks for all of the insight and detailed info on this and the autowake thread. I hope I don't put you on the spot here, but are complete subfloor ballast something that has been discussed or looked at for one or both brands in the near future?
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew