Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Interior shots

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Default New 2018 Moomba model?

Quote Originally Posted by bsharer View Post
    I'm all about simple and cheap. Starting at 60k isn't cheap. But I guess cheap is relative to everyone's unique situation. Regardless we all ended up with boats because in some way we all have a little extra to afford this luxury. They know this. That's why you have boats from one extreme to the other. Which is why I don't get where this boat fits in. With limited info, but a lot of hype, there appears to be no defining feature that really sets it apart from any competition. The newest promo video does not show off anything that makes this one stand out.
    First off, in today's market 60k is cheap for a 22 1/2' boat. There's nothing in this class that can touch it.

Second, the only hype has been on this forum. There will always be hype when someone hears or sees something new through the grapevine. Moomba didn't announce this publicly till July 27th. It's all been here say on this forum. Leaving everyone to guess or spill some secrets. Which in turn causes "hype".

Third, is is just an upgraded Helix. They take out a lot of the extras to keep prices competitive. This is also a brand new hull that is super deep. Again nothing like it in this market.

Personally i would rather get a mojo but I do believe they will sell a lot of these boats. It's perfect for the family that doesn't have a ton of money but still wants to get out on the water on a new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I predict they will be a huge seller. A lot of boat for the money!

2017 Moomba Craz

I will try to answer some of the questions....

The Max beam is a true 102". The Helix and Max are actually wider than the Craz and Mojo.

The Flow 3.0 plates are only available on the Pro. For 2018, we are leaving it exclusive on the Pro, however, hopefully when we get the patent I would expect to see it optional on the other models. And before anyone asks, I am sure there will be a way to make it retrofittable. We used the same base hinge plate at the bottom but obviously would require new plates, upper mounts, and additional actuators. The 2nd actuators are not adjustable. They run full extension when the main plate goes down, and run full retraction when main plate goes up. You can still adjust main plate, but with AutoWake and our settings, we are trying to make it where you never have to adjust the plate. I think you will find the factory default settings to work for the majority of users and ballast conditions.

Also, as others have said, the Helix and Max are designed for a slightly different buyer than the Mondo, Craz, Mojo. You will notice some new design features in the Helix and Max with unique dash and glovebox designs, storage solutions, and crazy deep hulls, but the Mondo, Craz, and Mojo do have nicer appointments on the inside. We are really just trying to design more options to meet the different customer demands in the market.

As to the swim platform size, I agree the transom is getting larger, but if we put a larger swim platform on the transom, it would interfere with the Surf Wave. That is why it is currently the size it is.

Hope that helps.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    The Max beam is a true 102". The Helix and Max are actually wider than the Craz and Mojo.

Good explanations. Help me understand why the two entry boats have a 102 beam and the flagship boats do not?

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Good explanations. Help me understand why the two entry boats have a 102 beam and the flagship boats do not?

It is simply a matter of continuous improvement. The Helix and Max were the last 2 boats we developed. We have slowly grown the average boat width of 98" that we used for a long time, to the new more common standard of 102". Most people don't know this, but not all international countries allow boats to be 102". Australia specifically has a requirement for transportation that trailers can be no wider than 2.5 meters. That is just a little over 98". Back in the day, most boats were in the 95" to 98" beam so they could be used anywhere in the world. However, most manufacturers started going wider because there is quite a bit of value in the wider beam. In Australia, they have found out ways to transport them and I think it is by getting special wide load certification. Anyways, when we redesign the Craz, Mojo or Mondo, they will very likely also be 102". Currently the Craz and Mojo are 100". Hope that makes sense.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Thanks Goose! Keep up the great work and keep the great boats coming out of the factory door.

2017 Supra SA

I hope the Max performs well because it sure isn't much to look at. The craz and mojo are very nice looking boats but the max from the side looks like if I tried to draw a boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bzubke1; 08-10-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Default New 2018 Moomba model?

In Florida anything over 8.5' wide technically requires a permit to be hauled. Although they never mess with recreational or personal users they could if they wanted to be jerks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I hope the Max performs well because it sure isn't much to look at. The craz and mojo are very nice looking boats but the max from the side looks like if I tried to draw a boat.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish