Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    I completely understand but unfortunately the A3 bimini will not fit on an A2 tower. At least I don't think it will. Honestly I never tried it, but I do know the A3 tower is actually more narrow than the A2 tower. As I said before, the Max and Helix are actually a true 102" beam and the Craz, Mondo, Mojo are 100". The A2 tower actually has a wider center section and if you notice the A2 is matte black and the A3 is gloss black. That also helps us keep the right width center section on the correct width tower. Obviously with the wider tower, it requires a wider bimini. Could you stretch the narrow A3 bimini and it work on the A2? That is a good question. I will see what I can find out. I do know the bimini has to stay square or it will not fold up and back very well. I am concerned it might work at first, but then bind up with time....

As to why we didn't offer the A2 with bimini storage it is simply a matter of where do you draw the line. We tried to keep the cost down on the Helix and Max and tried to keep bimini cost down as well. I agree that a few hundred dollars doesn't drastically change that, but if you had 20 items like that at 400 dollars, then you are talking about $8,000. Honestly that is always the hard part with Moomba. We define "Value" as Worth divided by Cost. So, we try and pick the items that add the most "Worth" but still under a certain "Cost". Truth is as we find out that there is more "Worth" for a little more "Cost", then a lot of times we go back and change because it is still a better overall Value. As you have seen over the last 20 years, everyone has done that and claim that it increases "Value". But if you are not careful, then you end up with boats that cost $150K to $200K. They claim it is still a "Value" because the "Worth" is still there, but we still try and keep the big picture in mind and are trying to make sure we don't get carried away. Granted $60K or $80K is still a LOT of money, but we are trying our best to keep adding more "Worth" than the other guys at a lower "Cost". Hopefully that is why all you guys and girls are still buying our boats. And we thank you for that!!
    I understand, I didn't realize there was a difference in the towers.

It's sucks having all these cool features that are exclusive to each boat LOL!!!! I've been saying for years it would be awesome to have over engine trays. Even if it was a couple inches deep, you could still throw ropes and stuff in there.

So if I want that factory engine tray I have to get the Max. But if I want factory surf pockets & Titon board racks, I need to get the mojo, but I loose massive amounts of storage from the max, 102" beam etc.

But then say I want the best surf wave possible so I "have to have" the new 3.0 Auto Flow. So I have to get the Mojo Pro. But there's limited color options on the Pro, say the wife only allows me to upgrade if she can get some sparkly metal flake! Then I can't get the Pro, if I can't get the Pro then I loose out on the bitchen new surf system & gator step flooring!

I guess we need a new version of each model. You could call it... Customer Edition aka the C.E.

Then we could do whatever options you wanted across all models.
    Want a engine storage tray? $400
    Want triton board racks? $1500
    Want surf pockets? $1400
    Don't want surf pockets? $1000
    Want gator step? $1500
    Want carpet? FREE
    Want metal flake? $600
    Want flow 3.0? $2000
    Want flow 2.0 instead? $1000

Boom Boom!!!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    got quoted $200 to add 2 surf pockets for the bimini on my old boat. as an fyi. that included pockets and straps with plastic closures like the tie downs on a cover to hold them in.
    I don't see the big deal about bimini pockets. I priced a pair of extra board racks, Roswell classics, from an online retailer, and with a 30% discount they come to <190$ a piece, The extra wide tines for surfboards are about 30$ more. That is money better spent than bimini pockets which may tear over time.
    I have the S-bend tower which has the top receptacle for extra racks. I am not sure if the A2 tower on the Max has those.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I love the the board storage on the Bimini , it is so fast to swap boards we don't even use the board racks anymore, other than to hold the wakeboard, if the Bimini goes up surf boards move up too , absolutely love it
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    got quoted $200 to add 2 surf pockets for the bimini on my old boat. as an fyi. that included pockets and straps with plastic closures like the tie downs on a cover to hold them in.
    I'd pay $200! I got quoted $500, $700 & one shop wouldn't even do it lol

No one seemed to know what they were. Even showing them a picture they seem flabbergasted on why I even wanted them hHa

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I don't see the big deal about bimini pockets. That is money better spent than bimini pockets which may tear over time.
    you would think harder about that money if you had a tower that (1) only had the ability for 1 set of boardracks on each side and (2) they run a grand a pair for roswells and up to 3grand for clamping versions of factory racks.
    I believe that's where the bimini surfpocket market was born..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Saw the Max at Orlando Boat Show. That boat is thick! Sitting on double axle trailer it is very tall. The ballast area next to engine have to be 4 foot deep. From the seats to top rail is crazy tall. I'm sure people will be reinforcing the engine compartment getting custom bags made and will have a sick wake.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    I understand, I didn't realize there was a difference in the towers.

It's sucks having all these cool features that are exclusive to each boat LOL!!!! I've been saying for years it would be awesome to have over engine trays. Even if it was a couple inches deep, you could still throw ropes and stuff in there.

So if I want that factory engine tray I have to get the Max. But if I want factory surf pockets & Titon board racks, I need to get the mojo, but I loose massive amounts of storage from the max, 102" beam etc.

But then say I want the best surf wave possible so I "have to have" the new 3.0 Auto Flow. So I have to get the Mojo Pro. But there's limited color options on the Pro, say the wife only allows me to upgrade if she can get some sparkly metal flake! Then I can't get the Pro, if I can't get the Pro then I loose out on the bitchen new surf system & gator step flooring!

I guess we need a new version of each model. You could call it... Customer Edition aka the C.E.

Then we could do whatever options you wanted across all models.
    Want a engine storage tray? $400
    Want triton board racks? $1500
    Want surf pockets? $1400
    Don't want surf pockets? $1000
    Want gator step? $1500
    Want carpet? FREE
    Want metal flake? $600
    Want flow 3.0? $2000
    Want flow 2.0 instead? $1000

Boom Boom!!!!! Haha

I believe gator step is now an option on the mondo, Craz, and mojo. The helix and max still use snap in non skid but it's the same material as gator step now.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

If I ordered the non skid floor for 690 does that mean gator steps

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I don't see the big deal about bimini pockets. I priced a pair of extra board racks, Roswell classics, from an online retailer, and with a 30% discount they come to <190$ a piece, The extra wide tines for surfboards are about 30$ more. That is money better spent than bimini pockets which may tear over time.
    I have the S-bend tower which has the top receptacle for extra racks. I am not sure if the A2 tower on the Max has those.
    The only racks I would ever put my EPS foam core board into are the mega expensive Titan or PTM clamping racks. I only ever put my fragile boards on my cargo bimini or on my overhead board racks. I'd rather have a bimini pocket that might tear over time over a rack that would probably damage my board if we were motoring over choppy water.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by snowking View Post
    If I ordered the non skid floor for 690 does that mean gator steps
    Is that for a max/helix or monda/Craz/Mojo?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD