Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Matt, with the g6 system, does each pump have a dedicated thru-hull fitting or are you splitting the line from 1 thru-hull to each of the 2 pumps?
    Good question. With the 6 pump system, we are actually only using 3 thru hulls and splitting the line to each pump. In our testing, we found with the impellor pumps, they will pull the water they need and while it may not be 100% efficient, it was more efficient and more feasible than to install 6 thru hulls in the bottom of the boat. Not sure if you have looked, but we are running out of real estate in the bilge area. I have a feeling you might be asking this because you want to do this yourself for your 2017 Pro?? If that is the case, then yes, anything is possible, but we did also relocate both front pumps to be mounted on a panel in front of the front ballast tank. We had to slightly modify the front ballast tank to make room. Obviously we also had to change wiring and we actually power the 6 pumps through 3 different relay based boxes. Again, anything is possible and I have seen other people do similar modifications to their current boats so if that was the reason for your question, hopefully that answers some of the technical details.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    Matt-
    Thanks for all of the insight and detailed info on this and the autowake thread. I hope I don't put you on the spot here, but are complete subfloor ballast something that has been discussed or looked at for one or both brands in the near future?
    We have obviously been looking at the subfloor ballast for a while. We know that is a high value to our customers and the new Supra that will be released soon has a true subfloor ballast. You haven't seen this yet, but the new Max also has optional side storage bins that can be added to the sundeck compartments that basically make them subfloor ballast. Not quite the same, but honestly I think it is a design that most will really appreciate as you can still get to the bags if you need to. Hopefully we will have pics of that soon. As some have mentioned, until you see the Max, you will not appreciate how deep it is. The overall depth from deck to the hull bottom is about 44 inches on each side. Each rear bag holds 1000lbs. These side storage tubs are almost 16 inches deep and they can hold a LOT of lifejackets, ropes, bumpers, etc. I think once you see this, you will really like it.

In addition, the Max also has a 1000lb front bag that is completely under the front floor. There is no u-shaped bag in the front bow storage and that really opens up more clean storage up there as well. Hope you like it.
    Matt Brown

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Trayson, Thanks for the comments but honestly I am just doing my job. One thing I love about working at Skiers Choice is we are still a relatively small company and most everyone is here because we love the boats, the industry and the lifestyle. Almost everyone in the office and many of the guys and girls on the line spend the majority of our weekends enjoying these boats with our families. We try and keep up with the forums because we understand that as a small company our best asset is our customers and we want to make sure to keep you guys happy and informed. I also learned long ago that passionate customers can be one of the best sources for new ideas. I have been here for over 17 years and while I would love to say we constantly come up with all the great ideas, many of the changes you see are because of issues that you have or suggestions that you guys make. So, we will keep trying to do our job and you keep telling us what you like and what you don't. Seems to be working so far, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Thanks for all the help,

One question, I saw the Max had the over engine tray. Is that an option for all models? If so will the 18 Mondo tray fit my 15 Mondo? I really need more storage 🤦🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Guess I need to follow the correct Max thread haha. I've actually looked into somehow fitting a removable shelf that goes above the bags in my LSV so you can store stuff above the bags while running ballast, then take the shelf out for extra storage, extra coolers, etc. The problem you have with hard tanks is that the space can only ever be used for ballast, so having a system where you can have a rigid spot to place for jackets, ropes, etc above the bags and then removable to throw big items when cruising/trailering would be awesome!

2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

I would love to build trays over the bags and engine in our Mojo. Just not sure how to do it in a cost effective manner

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Thanks for all the help,

One question, I saw the Max had the over engine tray. Is that an option for all models? If so will the 18 Mondo tray fit my 15 Mondo? I really need more storage 🤦🏼*♂️

Well...currently, the only model with the over engine tray is the Max. The center sundeck tray is standard and the sides are optional. I will try and get a picture of those. Again, this boat is so deep that it makes these storage trays very useable. We are looking at possibly doing trays in the other models, but they don't have near the space, especially on the Mondo. We might could do something, but currently we don't have an over the engine tray for any model except the Max.
    Matt Brown

Hmmm, Moomba Max has deeper and wider rear lockers,, that means 1800lb custom rear sacks from wakemakers, and a monster wave
    A deep hull like that should be able to handle it. Can't wait to see what some guys are gonna try.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Looking at the wake in the video and bow rise already I would say another combined 1600 or 2k in the rear and another 750 or 1k in the bow with a torque prop. U aren't going to by a "max" to have a good wake for money in a mediocre looking boat. U want to buy it and sack it sick so the wake is stupid huge and long and those "it's gotta be a nautique or nothing" boys take mom and dad's boat to other side of lake so people don't keep staring at what 2/3 price of correct engineering can do. Fancy computer screens don't make your wave bigger. Trim tabs and ballest do.
    Northern Mondo Owner
    2015 with the Auto Flow

Well...currently, the only model with the over engine tray is the Max. The center sundeck tray is standard and the sides are optional. I will try and get a picture of those. Again, this boat is so deep that it makes these storage trays very useable. We are looking at possibly doing trays in the other models, but they don't have near the space, especially on the Mondo. We might could do something, but currently we don't have an over the engine tray for any model except the Max.
    Damn.....

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

We have obviously been looking at the subfloor ballast for a while. We know that is a high value to our customers and the new Supra that will be released soon has a true subfloor ballast. You haven't seen this yet, but the new Max also has optional side storage bins that can be added to the sundeck compartments that basically make them subfloor ballast. Not quite the same, but honestly I think it is a design that most will really appreciate as you can still get to the bags if you need to. Hopefully we will have pics of that soon. As some have mentioned, until you see the Max, you will not appreciate how deep it is. The overall depth from deck to the hull bottom is about 44 inches on each side. Each rear bag holds 1000lbs. These side storage tubs are almost 16 inches deep and they can hold a LOT of lifejackets, ropes, bumpers, etc. I think once you see this, you will really like it.

In addition, the Max also has a 1000lb front bag that is completely under the front floor. There is no u-shaped bag in the front bow storage and that really opens up more clean storage up there as well. Hope you like it.
    Matt I would have loved to help you guys on the design and manufacturering of the engine cover and side bins. It's what we have been doing for decades. Maybe I'll see you at PWT this weekend.