Default Is it ok to mount my amp here?

Got a 08 mobius and I have no room to mount my new amp where the other two are. So I was wondering if it is alright to mount the amp on the wall that the air intake tube coming from underneath the port side windscreen. I couldn't get attachments to work so I have a photobucket link. Thanks for reading

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Yes, just don't use massively long screws that will pass through that and into the outer hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Hey Dallas,
    Pull the vent flange and check the thickness of the fiberglass. Those columns can be very thin glass and four #8 screws holding a heavy object could be iffy....so the size/weight of the amplifier might be the determining factor. You could always use a carpeted amp panel that is glued in place if you don't trust screw-mounting.

I used that exact spot to mount 2 - JL MHD amps. worked Great!!
    100_9038.jpg

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I cut the carpet from mine and mounted a sheet of hdpe on it with screws and adhesive I creasing the surface area to mount my two larger amps on it. Keeps them off the floor, dry and in the air.

Yes you can do that...
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

Btw, if ever needed, that is a great location to elevate the amplifier a bit and install a flush-mount fan directly underneath. The amplifier chassis would act a like a natural shroud, and you are creating dual air exchanges, one, around the amplifier chassis, and two, through the port compartment.

�� David.... that's funny right there...
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450